Is my new Black City okay?

oo_let_me_see

100% Puerto Greekan
O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
Hi everyone. I haven't been 'round these parts in a while. I miss y'all.

So...ever since I sold my 07 Black City, I've missed having one. So I got one today (how awesome is Saks $400 handbag deal?!), but I need help deciding if the leather is nice. I'm not good at decribing Balenciaga leather, but it's kinda...not dry but muted or matt or something like that and it's distressed, more on the front than the back. The tassels are so thin. The bag is saturated with color though, so that's good. I like it, but should I wait until Saks get another shipment of Black Cities before using this one or do you think it's fine? TIA!!!

Attachments

erica1451

is on a purse ban :(
Jul 29, 2006
NYC
I think it's gorgeous! I love how wrinkly the leather is, especially on the front :drool: I would keep it, but really it's up to you. If you prefer smoother leather, then maybe you should wait and get another one :yes:

lovely64

LunAtic
O.G.
Nov 17, 2006
Europe
ITA with erica I think it looks gorgeous but it´s up to you:yes:

Kat:heart:

I think it's gorgeous! I love how wrinkly the leather is, especially on the front :drool: I would keep it, but really it's up to you. If you prefer smoother leather, then maybe you should wait and get another one :yes:

chinkee21

My Dream Ring!
O.G.
Nov 6, 2007
Hong Kong
Is this an 08? I like my Bbags distressed, so I say keep this! But if you're not happy, then exchange it for one that you love.:smile:

oo_let_me_see

100% Puerto Greekan
O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
Thanks girls! The saks handbag deal is you buy two handbags totaling $1000 or more and you get a $400 gift card. I got this bag and a LV speedy.

LVGIRLSF

Nov 27, 2007
Hi everyone. I haven't been 'round these parts in a while. I miss y'all.

So...ever since I sold my 07 Black City, I've missed having one. So I got one today (how awesome is Saks $400 handbag deal?!), but I need help deciding if the leather is nice. I'm not good at decribing Balenciaga leather, but it's kinda...not dry but muted or matt or something like that and it's distressed, more on the front than the back. The tassels are so thin. The bag is saturated with color though, so that's good. I like it, but should I wait until Saks get another shipment of Black Cities before using this one or do you think it's fine? TIA!!!
Hi there,
Which Saks store did you get this City bag from? I thought Saks were not carrying B-Bags anymore?

Thanks

tofuchan

<3 bal accessories!
Apr 26, 2007
Hawaii
i'd say wait for a better set if you like smoother ones..i love smooth leather so this one is too distresed for me..i'm biased hahaha
but why are yo uasking me? i'm the one with the problem figuring out what of my 3 black cities to get rid of! hahaha

suzie w

O.G.
Jan 14, 2006
Canada
Thanks girls! The saks handbag deal is you buy two handbags totaling $1000 or more and you get a $400 gift card. I got this bag and a LV speedy.

^^^ ok--- first of all- that is a beautiful bag!!!!:tup:

next- wth!!! why cant i have a saks here!!!:cursing: and do u have to buy 2 or one that is over 1000.00 good enuf?...:angel:

ladybugfreckle

one is never enough
O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
rockies
i'd say wait for a better set if you like smoother ones..i love smooth leather so this one is too distresed for me..i'm biased hahaha
but why are yo uasking me? i'm the one with the problem figuring out what of my 3 black cities to get rid of! hahaha
^^^
:roflmfao: you still haven't figured out which you are keeping?!

oo_let_me_see - that's my favorite type of leather - it gets sooooo soft and slouchy... but it's not about what I like ;) do you like it?

suchagirl

almost there
Jan 18, 2007
Well, if YOU don't love it, you should exchange it. But I think it's really beautiful. I :love: the wrinkly distressed smooshy leather though.