Is my new bag defective? Also, my new haul!

WaityKatie

O.G.
Dec 23, 2011
Hello ladies! UPS dropped me off some beauties today, including a Clemence in RB, a mono key cles, and a MIF (not a huge deal for me but my SA was pumped!) MM in RB. As per usual for me, I found something wrong with something. The wallet and cles are amazing and I'm already enjoying them however!

This is the second time I've had the MM in RB In my posession; the firs time it was sent back due to a black smudge on the interior lining. But I had a gift card and I know if is about to be retired so I went for it again. This one is MIF, so that's pretty cool. However, it came to me packed with the (pardon my terminology) side cinch piece on either strap cinched way up to the top tightly. The bag itself was NOT cinched and I do NOT plan to do that on a regular basis. However as a result, the side cinch straps have been "kinked" by being cinched up like that, and they are not relaxing/it seems permanent. Thus they don't hang down straight on the sides as I like.

Also, there is some minor issue with alignment on both sides, which is likely not a big deal form what I've read, and I see some white stitching (very small peeks) popping through on one side seam.

What do you ladies think? Should it have been stored like that? Will the vachetta straps relax? I think I can live with everything except the side straps looking (in my opinion) wonky but I open to advice!! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1564.JPG
    IMG_1564.JPG
    649.5 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_1559.JPG
    IMG_1559.JPG
    431.7 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_1560.JPG
    IMG_1560.JPG
    481 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_1563.JPG
    IMG_1563.JPG
    529.1 KB · Views: 635
Hello ladies! UPS dropped me off some beauties today, including a Clemence in RB, a mono key cles, and a MIF (not a huge deal for me but my SA was pumped!) MM in RB. As per usual for me, I found something wrong with something. The wallet and cles are amazing and I'm already enjoying them however!

This is the second time I've had the MM in RB In my posession; the firs time it was sent back due to a black smudge on the interior lining. But I had a gift card and I know if is about to be retired so I went for it again. This one is MIF, so that's pretty cool. However, it came to me packed with the (pardon my terminology) side cinch piece on either strap cinched way up to the top tightly. The bag itself was NOT cinched and I do NOT plan to do that on a regular basis. However as a result, the side cinch straps have been "kinked" by being cinched up like that, and they are not relaxing/it seems permanent. Thus they don't hang down straight on the sides as I like.

Also, there is some minor issue with alignment on both sides, which is likely not a big deal form what I've read, and I see some white stitching (very small peeks) popping through on one side seam.

What do you ladies think? Should it have been stored like that? Will the vachetta straps relax? I think I can live with everything except the side straps looking (in my opinion) wonky but I open to advice!! Thanks!
I think that your NF is both beautiful and very special due to the colour and origin; the leather will soften with time and use and the misalignment, as you mentioned, is normal and is a unique characteristic that differs from bag to bag.

My mon mono was like that and straightened out pretty quick. Enjoy your new items!! I have all 3 pieces (not in the beautiful RB) and they are super functional. You will love them, CONGRATS!