Is my military KA defective?

Apr 14, 2008
Dear PS ladies,
Excuse my English...I just received my first PS bag from ******. I love the leather and the shape of this bag however the dyeing job really confuses me. No matter how I look at it, this bag seems has a different color in every part! Is it supposed to be so? The back of the bag has a noticeable darker part (patina? oil spot?) in the shape a middle finger (see pic#3), and the leather under the back handle looks "stretched" therefore has a white shade.
Should I return it? And anyone have returning experience with ******? I know they charge 15% restocking fee but I am not loving this bag, maybe just take the loss? Please give me some idea, thanks a ton!

Pictures are taken under natural sunlight.
DSC01680.jpg

DSC01684.jpg

DSC01683.jpg

DSC01681.jpg

actually, i have a violet ps1 and i had the same problems as yours. my spots were more blackish in color and the leather had some blotchy color, but i eventually got over it. if you carry it more often and as you wear the bag off, you'll notice it less... at least, that was my case!

The colour does look kind of uneven to me but not in a bad way though. The bag is still nice and I wonder if it'll even out as the leather ages? That would becmy concern...will it look worse or better? I'm surprised that ****** would charge a re-srocking fee even for defective bags? 15% is a big amount.

I'm sorry but I think that looks awful! It is damaged! Badly! It has stains on it! I would return that straight away and there is no way she could charge a restocking fee for that bag. I can't believe she would sell a bag that looks like that. I would rather pay the full retail price than save a bit of money and get a defective bag. You're right it looks like a middle finger or even something a bit ruder!! I also see a footprint. That can't be just irregularities in the dyeing, that is staining. Even without the stains the colour is so irregular it just looks like a 'second'. Maybe I'm just too picky but I wouldn't keep that bag. Seeing that also puts me off buying from ******.

Eeeeek, that looks awful!!! Definitely return it for a full refund. It should not look like that! I understand discrepancies in leather color and texture, but that is just too much.

Thank for all your opinions~!

Actually I have not heard back from Erica yet, I only saw the general return policy on her website. She did not say that restocking fee also applies to defective bags, I am sorry for misunderstanding caused.

The pictures did not catch the true difference of the uneven color, in real life the uneveness looks worse. I believe she will give me a full refund. I may also ask for an exchange... I really like the style of KA though.

Thanks again for your inputs~!

Thank for all your opinions~!

Actually I have not heard back from Erica yet, I only saw the general return policy on her website. She did not say that restocking fee also applies to defective bags, I am sorry for misunderstanding caused.

The pictures did not catch the true difference of the uneven color, in real life the uneveness looks worse. I believe she will give me a full refund. I may also ask for an exchange... I really like the style of KA though.

Thanks again for your inputs~!

I have the KA in black and it's definitely an awesome bag! So yeah, try and exchange if you can :graucho:

This is definitely not considered normal variations. Erica should definitely issue you a full refund; she should have checked the bag before she sent it to you. Please keep us posted when you hear back from her.

Hi. I definately will return it back to Erica, if I am in your shoes. It really looks very bad.

I received my KA from Erica a few days ago. And I am wondering too, if my piece is defective too. Can I ask you about the handles of your military KA? My front handle is longer than the back handle. Are the handles of your KA of different height?

UPDATES:
I decided to get an exchange. Erica is holding a nice piece for me and she will credit the return shipping cost to me. There is no "restocking fee".

Hi. I definately will return it back to Erica, if I am in your shoes. It really looks very bad.

I received my KA from Erica a few days ago. And I am wondering too, if my piece is defective too. Can I ask you about the handles of your military KA? My front handle is longer than the back handle. Are the handles of your KA of different height?

Sorry I was too annoyed with the color so I did not notice whether the handles had same length. Maybe it's a better idea to ask the KA owners in this thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/proenza-schouler/proenza-schouler-ps1-keep-all-bag-670871.html

^ Rather late reaction but I hope you got it exchanged, it might just be me and my wild imagination but the darker "finger"-like part on the back actually looks like it's giving someone the middle finger! :sad: