Is my Marc Jacobs Stam authentic

Hi there,

I'm looking for some help with my new (to me) MJ stam which I just received this morning from an e bay seller. I'm a technophobe and cannot seem to get a clear picture of the interior metal work so I'll describe as best I can. It was sold to me as a 2005 MJ stam but I'm a little dubious for the following reasons:

The kisslock and chain is more like brass than gold.
On the interior brass plate, the r in Marc Jacobs is not absolutely straight but has a little curve in it. The other r"s, on the zippers are straight.
At the base, the diamonds either side of the bottom seam are not lined up perfectly -they're more like triangles.

If you think its a fake, please let me down gently - I've already had to pay a hefty customs bill ( I live in Europe) and I'm sick with worry that I've ben duped and ripped off... I paid $400 plus $50 postage for the bag (which has been used but is in good condition).

Thanks so much in advance for any help anyone can give me. The bag was bought by my husband as a Christmas pressie so I really hope its ok. :hysteric:

If possible, post pictures on the "Authenticate This" thread - I'm sure someone will be able to help you there!

If the R is curved then it may be a fake, but it's hard to tell without pictures.