Is my Bal thirsty?

LouisVObsession

An Hermes Addict
O.G.
Jan 14, 2007
Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I know if my Bal needs moisturizing? This is my black City from 2007. I have never treated it with anything like Apple conditioner and have never brought it to a bag Spa. Do you think I should? Should I be applying something on it? Leather feels buttery soft still. Ive used this almost everyday for a decade lol.

Also side question, does anyone know what I can use to clean or get rid of that small black stain on the hardware? I did a search but haven't found anything (does the stain make my Bal look ugly now? ☹️) TIA You guys are always so helpful.

15983627392624918238268843849026.jpg

15983627750583407041721741235760.jpg

15983628124522858093637360059198.jpg

use coach leather moisturizer. when Balenciaga stopped making their own leather conditioner the SA at Balenciaga Soho told me everyone uses the coach stuff. ive been using it on my bbags for YEARS and it keeps them buttery soft.

use coach leather moisturizer. when Balenciaga stopped making their own leather conditioner the SA at Balenciaga Soho told me everyone uses the coach stuff. ive been using it on my bbags for YEARS and it keeps them buttery soft.
Thanks! Will definitely check that out.

Anyone have any tips on how to clean the mark off the hardware? ☹️

Do you know what the mark is? If it's paint, maybe try some rubbing alcohol on a q-tip. It won't harm the finish, I've used it to clean off giant hardware before.
+1
If that does not work, try just a bit of nail polish remover (it has acetone in it) on a Q-tip.
Don't soak the Q-tip, just dampen it.

I definitely recommend collonil leather gel. Brings new life into your bags. Keep it moisturized to prevent any damage due to dryness. After moisturizing you’ll start to understand what your bag should feel like. :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: RT1
Thanks everyone! Will try to alcohol first and then acetone if needed.

Is Apple Leather Conditioner going to moisturize the bag?
I use apple....it certainly doesn't hurt but not sure it really moisturizes that much. I have an old Prada wallet. The interior and the back are in great shape but the front flap is kind of faded and worn. Apple makes it look better when first applied but then the effect seems to pretty much disappear.

Alcohol and acetone are going to bleach your bag, it’s going to leave spots on your bag just like hand sanitizer. Apple guard turns your bag yellowish or grey depending on the color of the bag. I’d leave it as is. This is me speaking from 12 years of Bal bags experience.