Is Multicolor out of style?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello my fellow TPF'ers! I am still an avid Multicolor lover... but is it out of style?? I rarely see anyone with these bags anymore... are they passe? I know LV still makes them, but I am considering a pre-loved black MC Alma and I don't want to be "so 2003..."

I know it should be about what I want. And I want it :smile: But I also just wanted someone else's opinion.

Thanks and have a fab day!

xoxo
    Nicole

2. I think the MC has tons of fun pieces to wear once in a while.. It's too much for me to use as an everyday bag though. I really want a MC Alma or Speedy myself though.

3. IMO, 2003 was LV's best year, Multicolor, Cherry Blossoms. Of course, I couldn't get mine until the second round of multicolor came around). I use my white LV (bolounge - sp?) for a few months every summer or when I go to Florida in the winter (w/match keepall). I use CB (Brown/pink) in the spring and sometimes end of summer. I get more compliments on these two bags, than any other LV's.

I say like what you use and use what you like!
    Eve

4. No, it is not out of style. But then again, not everyone is in style.

5. Oh and I overlooked that you were considering getting the Alma in Black MC. Definately buy it. It is such a gorgeous bag...I know I have one!

6. I feel the same way sometimes. I love MC. I asked my SA about it. She said they certainly do not sell as many MC pieces as they used to, but she isn't sure why. I personally love MC. And if I weren't on a ban I would love love to buy a Greta. Buy what you love.

7. I am going to buy it for sure - I have been wanting one since 2003 and just never got around to buying it! :biggrin: Other bags always caught my eye and I purchased them instead. I agree that the MC and CB lines are so fun- and they're rare (well, the authentics are rare). Whenever I see an authentic MC bag I always catch myself staring at it, I just love it. I have a black MC pochette and cles, but not a large bag yet. Ok, I'm conviced!! Thanks all!

8. I'm going to say....dated. Not really out of style, but dated. One of the things I love about lv is that there are a lot of timeless pieces...but some are more trendy than others.
    That said, I adore the multicolor noe, and would carry one any day! I've been considering a mc piece slg.

9. Sorry...double post...

10. Personally I am not too crazy about MC line, but I don't think it looks dated.

11. For some reason I find the black MC to have a dated look but not the white MC. I can't say why. I do love the black MC speedy, but the white is just so fresh and I feel that it looks more "classic"

12. Thank you for all of your thoughts!

Vsminimoose, I hope you get your black MC speedy soon!

13. I think MC is so fun but I do always equate it with a younger crowd. Now that I am pushing 40 I don't think I can pull it off. :biggrin:

14. I love Mc it's my favorite. I think a big part of the reason you don't see them very often is because they are around the 2,000 mark

15. not at all

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice