Is Mulberry for the middle-aged?

I have to disagree, companies spend money figuring out exactly who/what age their demographic is. If 90% of the women who buy Mulberry bags are aged 35-55 then that makes it middle-aged.

Does that mean you consider 56+ "old age",because I do not consider someone who is 64 "old", with medical advances people are living longer and longer. I would consider 75+ old age

Does that mean you consider 56+ "old age",because I do not consider someone who is 64 "old", with medical advances people are living longer and longer. I would consider 75+ old age

Mmm,thats very true actually,with me being 42,life expectancy of around 75-80,I guess I am middle age. And I suppose someone who dies at late 50's early 60's is considered to have died quite young.Especially as you say with advances of modern life,encompassing nutrition and medical advances,but is the age we die now an artificial old age as we are really,without intervention supposed to shuffle off this mortal coil much earlier?
Mmmm,bit early in the morning for this I think!!!

But I think to say 30-35 middle age,is not too far off the mark,I think its considered ancient by teenagers though!! Lol!! Its just a lot of us now still run about like lunatics and are'nt expected like years ago, to act a certain way for a paticular age,which I think used to 'tie' women to a certain age,like it or not.

Anyway,I intend to be as bloody nuts as I can be,and do everything within my power to make Sophie squirm with embarassment when she brings her mates home!!! Age does have good things to look forward too!!!:nuts:

I've been longing for a mulberry bag since I first started reading Vogue at 13. Now Im 18 and Im finally scraping up the money to buy a roxanne (I really suck at saving money :P) So I wouldn't say mulberry appeals to middle aged women only :smile: Or maybe Im emotionally at the level of a 50 year old woman :lol:

I think Roxanne is great for any age if you've got slouchy chic attitude! I def want a Roxy! And I'm not, ahem, 18. I always thought Roxy was for younger women...but now that I'm so enjoying using my Bayswater, I can see just how much I'll enjoy using the slouchy Roxy. Roxy baby...here I come!

I think it used to be more for the "middle aged" some years ago. But in the recent years the new lines have a different style, more fashionable!:tup: So now I think Mulberry appeal to all ages.

I totally agree :tup:

I'm 25 and love my Mulberries...
Where I live I actually see more girls in their 20's and 30's with Mulberry bags than "middle aged" women...

I still don't feel like an adult. Maybe that's why I refuse to believe I am middle aged. Pay the bills, kids, dishes, work, blah, blah blah- but I feel like I am 17 on the inside.

I'm under 21 and I love it. I know many UK people who had their Mulberrys at 16, 17, 18 and carried them with pride. Obviously, some of the styles are gonna look stupid with a Hello Kitty t-shirt but if you're wearing a hello kitty tshirt, i doubt you'd be in this forum.

I think mulberry is classicaly stylish and therefore doesnt appeal to a lot of younger people. I am 27 and just bought my first mulberry...she's on her way to me now!!! I don't like loud bags and i want my bag to made out of the best, most supple leather that will look great as it ages.

The bayswater is a more classical style but the Roxanne is definitely younger and more funky, and also the Elgin and the Emmy are definitely bags that would suit younger styles ...as well as older people too though.

.... but who cares? I think if you like it....buy it!!! :woohoo:

I'm under 21 and I love it. I know many UK people who had their Mulberrys at 16, 17, 18 and carried them with pride. Obviously, some of the styles are gonna look stupid with a Hello Kitty t-shirt but if you're wearing a hello kitty tshirt, i doubt you'd be in this forum.

Ooops!!!I wear a Hello Kitty vest?!!

I'm 21 and I love Mulberry. I read in US Vogue a while ago that you know you're getting older when you 'crave a Prada bag' - I thought that was so sick. Are there bags that are just for older women? I don't think so really . Just carry whatever you like and match the bag to the occasion.