Is Mulberry for the middle-aged?

My 2cents, I think Mulberry is carried by more older women than early 20s because they are the ones who can afford them?

Unless of course you're 16 and a loving Mama bought you one. Right, Flossie?

Unfortunately a lot of younger girls prefer big-a*s logos and Mulberry is more discrete. These younger girls equate their self-worth with the logos whereas self-confidence normally comes with age. (Sorry about the pop psychology :smile:

im 23 and have always looked at the mulberrys and thought about buying one, im not ovely keen on the bayswater, i love the roxanne rosemary emmy alana and brook, i think some styles are for older people and other for younger people.
ive just got a emmy and love it! i will be buying more...

My 2cents, I think Mulberry is carried by more older women than early 20s because they are the ones who can afford them?

Unfortunately a lot of younger girls prefer big-a*s logos and Mulberry is more discrete. These younger girls equate their self-worth with the logos whereas self-confidence normally comes with age. (Sorry about the pop psychology :smile:

im more of a chloe girl i love them to bits but they do cost more, i dont think mulberry are expensive compared to some of the bigger makes like louis vuitton, gucci, hermes.
i would pay full price for a mulberry at a shop however all my other designer bags i have hunted around to get them alot cheaper!

mulberrys are a classy understated make compared to some, when you carry one you know people look because the bag is beautiful and well made not because you have a look at me say 'gucci' bag on your shoulder!

I was going to say the same thing...we older chicks can afford them.
I also agree that younger women like logos. The more G's or LV's the bag has, the better.
I actually like my Mollie because it is so discreet. Aside from the stamped buckles, there is no way of telling what make it is. But those who know...they know!

Mid forties- still not middle aged ( denial). Anyhow, I think the bags appeal to a mind set and not an age group. My style is not the elegance of Hermes, its more about a bag that is understated and doesn't scream logos.

Oh, will vote for the fact that we now can afford them... Hitting 35 y and not at all middle-aged in my own opinion:nogood:! There are some styles I think of as "middle-aged" though.

She is one spoilt princess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it holds some truth, allthough I do not by that mean that no-one else should not or can't carry mulberry. Day to day I see tons of mulberry (probably the most common brand here) everything here, usually on middle aged executives, men and women.

The designs and classic colours of mulberry are very subtle and neutral, but I think it's quite recognisable, especially the items that come with the mulberry patch. They don't do many typically "fun", "cute" or "girly" designs though like multippel colours, fringes, chunky hardware, bows and lace, that probably explains a lot.

I think it's more about personal style than age. I'm 34 now but I've loved Mulberry for years. It's only fairly recently that I've been able to afford them. I like plain, classic designs which are well made and slightly under the radar - Mulberry fits the bill.

I think it's more about personal style than age. I'm 34 now but I've loved Mulberry for years. It's only fairly recently that I've been able to afford them. I like plain, classic designs which are well made and slightly under the radar - Mulberry fits the bill.

I totally agree! I'm also 34yrs but until last year wouldn't have dreamt of spending that much on a bag! now I'm hooked!:nuts: