Is monogram too tacky/flashy?

Louis TOO flashy/tacky?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I loved monograms on handbags.
I started with Dooney, then Coach, then Burberry, then Fendi, then Gucci, and finally to LV!
I never turned back since. :P

My first LV was a speedy 30 (along with 10000x people out there).
Then I didn't like the patina process (I like when bags look new)!
Nonetheless, I sold everything and got the Trevi PM.

After a year, I'm getting second thoughts on my beloved Trevi.
Living in Orange County (I see monograms everywhere).

I'm at a point where I don't want to be so flashy.
Every time I go to class (CSU) girls GAWK at me.
Ask if it's real or fake (Why would you ask that??).
Ask if I bought it myself or my bf did. :weird:

So the question is: Do any of you LoVers think Louis are TOO flashy?
Do people gawk at you and ask annoying rude questions at work/school/etc?

Yes, LV is flashy but you should not care about what other people say or think.
It's sad but I'm not a big fan of the monogram because there are so many counterfeits out there but I proudly wear my Mon Mono. And yes, people can be very rude and annoying...

There are counterfeits everywhere and of everything. Just because everyone loves our bags more doesn't mean we should love them any less, I am proud that so many desire the bags that I own, and feel bad for those who feel the need to purchase fake ones, but honestly to each their own, I am going to keep rocking my LVs (it also helps that I live in a wealthier city and there are more real ones then fakes I think)

Reactions: fightdirrty
A Louis is classy, never flashy. Don't you ever be ashamed to wear your bags, real followers will always appreciate them. (I know I do!) As for the rude questions, just answer them with patience. Some people honestly don't know any better. Oh, and if you're getting a little tired of monogram, give damier ebene a chance. It's my favorite. :heart:

Last edited:
Oh ladies, don't get me wrong I love my Trevi to death!
I worked hard for my Trevi (it's my only purse at the moment).
And no annoying girl will ever make me feel like I deserve less.
I guess my style has changed a bit?

I recently bought a Bal, it's less flashy than any other designers (unless you know Bbags)!
Currently stalking the mailman this week :amuse:

I don't think LV is flashy at all. The colors of the classic canvas bags are very understated. The only flashy lines in my opinion are the vernis (depending on color) and multicolore.

I just think there's high brand recognition and depending on your age and where you live or work, it may be not be as common, resulting in unsolicited attention.

Nope, not at all !!!

I love all my LVs, and if people look... let them. It doesn't affect or bother me at all

I would love to hear from those people that voted "Yes", and why they think its flashy.

honestly I never noticed that my mono bags are flashy at all^^. I went through the city with a friend said to her: gucci is so flashy I don't like the typical bags. My friend answered: and your louis vuitton bags are not flashy??
from that moment on I noticed it the first time:lolots::blush:
it's so classy and nice to see so too flashy never !

if other people look weird to you or read about you and your handbags they are just jealous. that's all.
peers and friends who know me a while ask many questions about my passion for handbags because they would like to have designerhandbags too. If they don't know you that well that they ask you questions about your bags then they talk behind your back. It's so simple.
I know some people who talk about me bad things because of my handbags. but then travel to Iran to get fake louis vuitton handbags. so what do you think?^^ the most are just impressed but some can't show that finely so they talk bad about the bags ( jealous ..)

I'm proud to own my bags, I love every bag of my collection. they make me happy and that's all that matters to me:amuse:

Last edited: