Is Mono Speedy 25 right for...

phillj12

O.G.
Nov 28, 2008
A bag to wear mostly for casual date nights with my hubby or nights out with my girlfriends? I like smaller bags when I go out (although not clutches unless it's dressier) and was thinking the Mono Speedy 25 would be perfect (love that it's such an iconic bag)??

I don't really want to spend a ton of money (ie, over $1200) so also thought this bag would fit the bill (altho I don't want to buy it just because it's less expensive and would wait to pay more for something else down the road). I guess the Speedy 25 in Ebene could be good too, but am buying either the Ebene MM NF or Cabas Rivington so don't want to get 2 in that pattern right now, unless I hear thoughts otherwise...:smile:

Thoughts? TIA!

I think speedy 25 is great for casual date nights, girls night etc. Depends what you carry though, some (including myself) feel the 25 is too small, but I do think it looks cute.

I think the 25 is great for nights out. It might be too small for an "everyday" bag, depending on what you carry but I easily fit my camera, phone, wallet, make-up, keys, with lots of room to spare when I take my speedy 25 out at night. It's a classic iconic bag that will never go out of style so if you like it- you cant go wrong!!

It depends what kind of date night. Going to the movies? Fine. 'Sports' type bar night? Excellent. I also find it fine as an everyday bag, but I do switch out of bags pretty often, so they never get too full of miscellaneous crap.

However, I find the shape way too casual for fancier dinners out, or like, piano bar type lounges (not that I'm at those very often, but if I were, a Speedy 25 would not be what I would reach for Jerome Kern night.) I also think it's just way too bulky for nightclubs or dance club nights or general admission concerts.

Honestly? I think if anything, a mono Eva or Beverly or a Shirley in the MC line would be more appropriate for most date night occasions. But a Speedy would be excellent for more casual dates.

what about a tivoli pm?

its a little bit 'fancier' then the speedy as it has pleates but is also very cute!

and it will defintely fit all the items you described!

thats actually next on my list :graucho::graucho: hehe

I love the speedy. The 25 is so cute! I have the tivoli pm also and that is great bag too (though its very heavy) . The tivoli is a lot higher price though. I also own the eva and she is just fabulous! !

Thanks! Great feedback! No, not looking for something for dressier evenings out, just casual. I have lots of small clutches and more 'evening' bags, just want a bag for something casual...movies, going for sushi, etc.

Going to LV tomorrow so will try the 25.

Thanks! Great feedback! No, not looking for something for dressier evenings out, just casual. I have lots of small clutches and more 'evening' bags, just want a bag for something casual...movies, going for sushi, etc.

Going to LV tomorrow so will try the 25.

I think the Speedy 25 would be great for those occasions you mentioned... but so would the Speedy 30 which is a better deal for the money.

I think the mono speedy 25 would be great. I have the speedy 25 in azur, but I use it as an everyday bag as I do not feel that it is too small for me. I take it everywhere.