Is miu miu coffer bag still worth keeping or already outdated.

Does anyone have the new version of the Coffer? Completely new to Miu Miu but I keep being drawn to the navy and pink colour of the bag. I think it's a pity there is almost nothing to find on the web about this bag since it's super underrated. Only con is the bad resale value...

I checked the miu miu website and they haven't brought back the Coffer bag. They do have bags in the matelasse leather which is fine since the bags are more sleek without that big buckle and rope-like strap. I don't mind the matelasse pattern, it's the bag style that looks dated.

The coffer was the it bag of its year. I bought one that year and then put it away bc it felt too in your face. I was also more a phw person, and the ghw was very bright. After some months passed, I didn’t wear it, so gave it to my moms assistant. So, yes, I think it was dated for its time. It’s not vintage, but I think it might mix well with vintage deadstock clothing and premier designer that I wear today. if I still had mine, I might be tempted to pull it out. Just as a change of pace from my usual.

Last edited:
I checked the miu miu website and they haven't brought back the Coffer bag. They do have bags in the matelasse leather which is fine since the bags are more sleek without that big buckle and rope-like strap. I don't mind the matelasse pattern, it's the bag style that looks dated.
Of course they have... :smile: they reintroduced it in 2021 I believe (or maybe even a season or two before that)... but it's smaller now. I still can find it right now on the official Miu miu web site (see the printscreen) :smile:

Nevertheless, I must admit that I've never really liked it - too heavy and hard to reach in with that flap, so I don't own one :P

322103348_1431754670566339_6002619417779350307_n.jpg

Last edited:
OMG! I wear my Coffer every time and everywhere I travel! It’s perfect for traveling, with the two pockets and being cross body. I just love it after all these years. The leather has the perfect squish factor for airport and planes and I just LOVE how the hardware has really held up. I think it could be 15+ years old and I still love it!

IMG_0376.jpeg

I'd been wondering this very same thing myself. Years ago, I was in love with it, and now I have them in four colors.
I still like them, but my tastes have shifted toward more structured bags in general. I think I'm going to keep one or two of them and see if I can't sell the others. They were all quite gently used. I don't think Id ever get rid of all of them though. It was the very first designer bag that I wanted/cared about.

OMG! I wear my Coffer every time and everywhere I travel! It’s perfect for traveling, with the two pockets and being cross body. I just love it after all these years. The leather has the perfect squish factor for airport and planes and I just LOVE how the hardware has really held up. I think it could be 15+ years old and I still love it!

View attachment 5798044
I love the look of these bags. there is a brown one on poshmark but it doesn't have a long strap and I can't do a bag that's strictly hand carry