Is madison shoulder bag a good bag for disney trip?

Oct 18, 2009
Ladies, we are heading to Disney World next week for 10 days and I was wondering what is a good bag to take with me? Is shoulder bag a good choice? I am guessing I will need a cross body bag too.

Hope you enjoy your vaca! We go to Disney in the summer, but this should be the best time of the year. I only take crossbodies/swingpacks when attending amusement parks because I still enjoy getting on all the thrill rides at 54 yrs. old! If you're not riding, then the Madison SB should be fine.

Madison shoulder would be fine but I also would take a crossbody if you have one. I love having my hands free. But I carry my MSB everyday and it's big enough to put stuff in.

I wouldn't take a madison shoulder bag to disney unless you aren't planning on going on any rides. I'd take something that zips all the way across the top that you can stow in the seat pocket of a ride if needed. Also, something that can easily be wiped off if it gets wet or dirty on the rides.

^^this.

I take a smallish ll bean tote that zips shut when we go. It hangs on my shoulder or the stroller, and is small enough for rides, plus it's super durable.
I plan on using a smallish crossbody bag next time since my sons are getting older now.

It's too big IMO. I would take a smaller bag, preferably crossbody, and most lightweight comfy bag. Madison is pretty, but not the most practical for walking around and riding rides all day.

Honestly, I wouldn't even bother with a crossbody. I love love love Disney because they make everything so easy and connect so many things back to your hotel room. A wristlet and a lanyard would be all you really need. In a nice sized wristlet, you could fit a camera and some cards. A lanyard is awesome cause you would be able to keep track of everyone's hotel cards and pull it out for when you need it for meal plans (if you signed up for the meal plan) or put your own cards in it. Sorry for the long winded reply, but coach and Disney are my two loves. I hope you have fun! :biggrin:

Honestly, I wouldn't even bother with a crossbody. I love love love Disney because they make everything so easy and connect so many things back to your hotel room. A wristlet and a lanyard would be all you really need. In a nice sized wristlet, you could fit a camera and some cards. A lanyard is awesome cause you would be able to keep track of everyone's hotel cards and pull it out for when you need it for meal plans (if you signed up for the meal plan) or put your own cards in it. Sorry for the long winded reply, but coach and Disney are my two loves. I hope you have fun! :biggrin:

Thanks , appreciate your response!

This is where I have learned to love large wristlets. If I don't cram them too full, I can usually get away with tucking them into my pants and pulling my shirt down over it without being too obvious and without having to rent a locker.

But as others have said, if you're not going on thrill rides and you would otherwise be stuck carrying other people's stuff and shopping bags (I'm giving my husband the side-eye), then go with the Madison Shoulder Bag. It'll simplify your trip.

Whatever you carry, make sure it's also water-proof. A wristlet seems just a little too small; therefore, I vote for an inexpensive full-zip leather swingpack (which is what I carry to all amusement parks). The outlet still has 30% off. ;) Have fun!