Is LV speedy worth the money?

I was unsure about the Speedy myself so I purchased a used one in great shape for under $300. I figured it would be a great way to try it out and if I hated it, I could always sell it and not lose much at all, if anything. I haven't received it yet but I think the fact that it was almost 30 years old and looked as good as it did is a testament to the quality and staying power of the Speedy. If I love using it, then I'll be saving up for Ebene.

I was unsure about the Speedy myself so I purchased a used one in great shape for under $300. I figured it would be a great way to try it out and if I hated it, I could always sell it and not lose much at all, if anything. I haven't received it yet but I think the fact that it was almost 30 years old and looked as good as it did is a testament to the quality and staying power of the Speedy. If I love using it, then I'll be saving up for Ebene.

i did the exact same thing, bought a preloved mono 35 to try it out, loved it and just this past week got a new damier ebene 35. it's a pretty good way to find out if the bag works for you. may i just say i love my speedy's!

To me, it's not worth it because it's not a bag I find comfortable to carry or easy to get into. The monty is more money, but in my opinion it's easier to carry, since it can be handheld or on your shoulders, and it's easier to get into because the zipper goes down the sides... The speedy may be iconic, but it's not very practical.

I have 3 at the moment but wouldn't mind another one... ;) I love the classic shape and attire of the bag. It's so worth it and there is a speedy for any occasion, I have running errands mono speedy 30, bad weather speedy 35 (ebene), travel and office speedy 40 (mono) and I plan on getting a 35 azur as my summer/spring speedy, not to mention the multicolore for night-outs... So many speedys I want them all!