Is LV speedy worth the money?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. is the LV speedy worth the money?? I've wanted one but i am hesitant to buy it because of how much it costs, is it really worth it?

2. yes! I have one and love it, the price isn't really that bad compared to most lv items. It's a classic and will never go out of style so i'd say it's worth it:smile:

3. Yes.

4. Yes, classic never goes out of style.

5. it's a great versatile bag..a staple in any LV collection, IMO!

6. Yes... I asked the same thing when i went to buy my mono speedy 3 years ago and I have never thought it was'nt worth it. I have gotten SO much use out of it, I even ended up buying the azur speedy a few months ago. I never liked hand held before my speedy bags but now i prefer it to shoulder bags!

celine666666 likes this.
  7. Absolutely worth it :smile:

8. It depends on you. It is a luxury, if you want and can afford it it's worth it to you. Many will tell you yes and non designer lovers may say he'll no. I have one and enjoy it, I think it costs more than it's worth but so are many luxury items.

9. I personally don't think it's worth it unless you truly love the style and will get a lot of use out of it. I would rather buy some nice SLGs!

10. It is SOOOOO worth it! The quality and style of the bag is amazing.

11. Yes! Classic LV, it will still be carried 25 years from now, definitely worth the money!

12. I love my speedy more than I expected!!!

13. #13 Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
    I have seven so they are worth it to me...

14. A lot of people here are going to say yes because a Speedy is one of, if not the most, recognizable bag from LV and it is a classic. So LV lovers consider it a staple, something you just have to have if you're into LV. Personally, I love it because of the notoriety and the craftmanship. I've always loved LV and since it's one of the brand's signature bags, I wanted one. After I got my speedy and got used to it (don't have any other hand held bags) I enjoy it a lot. It just comes down to how you feel about it and if it will be useful to you. Just because you like LV doesn't mean you have to get a speedy. I've just always wanted one, but it was not my first bag. My first LV was a bit more practical so I would use it more and have it be worth the price. I bought my speedy pre-loved because for how much it is now I'm not quite sure it's worth it, for me anyway.

Soniaa and celine666666 like this.
  15. I'm with the posters who love it even though it's their only handheld bag. I've always had either shoulder or cross-body bags, but I love both of my speedies (mono and Damier ebene, size 30). The price is now somewhat off-putting, as I paid nearly $200 more for my ebene last month than my mono in 2005, but I look at it as a good thing that I got another staple bag before the price is $1000 or more.