Is LV planning to discontinue the pochette wallet?

dotnative

O.G.
Jun 15, 2006
How come after 2 price increases it did not got up in price and all the other wallets went up? Even the french wallet which they decreased the price last year now has increase back to original price. Their logic seem whack.:confused1:

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to ICON card members.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 thread.

princess_eab

LV & BBag obsessed
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
Ohhhhhhhh I hope not... otherwise I'm gonna have to make a decision among the 3 canvases and get one ASAP... I'm happy about the price though...

Jan 31, 2007
i think the price of the pochette in Vernis increased in price though..
but not for damier/mono which is weird.

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
CA
Maybe it wasn't selling well and they thought it was already overpriced? :shrugs: IDK- it could be a lot of things.

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
Yeah, and usually there are things that don't go up in price during price increases. For example, last increase (or was it two increases ago?) Speedys didn't go up. Didn't mean they were about to discontinue the Speedy.

Jan 18, 2008
The epi pochette wallet increased in price on the LV website...from $595 to $620 (about 4%) but is still $595 on eluxury.

KTLV

May 5, 2008
London, UK
I was searching for Epi pochette wallet in black since March this year. After a long wait, they confirmed finally that the pochette wallet in Epi Black is discontinued. I'm not sure about other colours in epi and mono and damier line, though. I have a look at zippy wallet but it is not as classy as pochette wallet.

Lvbabydoll

O.G.
Mar 2, 2006
California
^Maybe in certain lines it's discontinued but Damier and Mono Pochette wallets have been staples in the line for as long as I can remember. This is my favorite style. :yes:

Apr 23, 2007
LV would not discontinue the pochette wallet, it is one of their most popular and demanded wallets. I think LV likes to keep entry pieces such as speedies and certain staple wallets such as the pochette within reach of a bigger market and this is why these pieces do not normally increase with each LV price increase.

KTLV

May 5, 2008
London, UK
Earlier I wrote I got a confirmation that pochette wallet in Epi leather black was discontinured. However, I got an apology from LV today. They did not discontinue pochette wallet in epi black. The discontined one is the previous version with less card slots and SA got confused. Now they are back in stock(well, in the UK) and I've got mine! Glad that I did not make a hasty decision to buy zippy wallet!