Is LV in Canada cheaper than in USA?

1. Hi. Im going to Canada and I wanna know if the LV there is cheaper. I think the amount of sales tax here is ridiculous and if I can get it cheaper in Canada I will. :biggrin:

2. if I'm not mistaken Canadian tax is like 15% isn't it?

3. Yes.

4. good old canadian tax......but only in B.C i believe is 14% alberta sask and manitoba is 7% I dont know bout the eastcoast but I am pretty sure its 7%

5. Toronto is 15%!!
    Lynne

6. the east coast is currently 15%

7. Where are you going in Canada? It might be cheaper if you are coming to Alberta. Our sales tax is only 7% here. It will be dropping to 6% in July. Everywhere else is at least 14%.

8. I am pretty sure you can get the taxes back when you are leaving the country.:idea:

9. Manitoba is 14% total tax. BUT....if you're coming back into Canada you can get your 7% GST back.

10. with the exchange rate (US - Canadian) being so low right now it's not worth it to buy it in Canada.

11. i just came back from Vancouver. i was told about the tax refund. each receipt has to be at least $50. total refund submission needs to be at least $500 spending. i had paid some Canadian taxes, but i'm still not able to get any tax refund.

12. alberta is 7%, but after June 1 it will be 6%! Go PM! hahaha

as far as I know, alberta is the only province with no PST.

13. wow

14. Gotta love Canadian Taxes!!! :censor: :censor: :censor:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice