Is LV cheaper in Hong Kong?

No tax yet in HK, but I hear the price is about the same for LV bags anyway. Secondhand shops are extremely popular, and sometimes prices are good, but I've also seen overcharged prices (from PISA, for example).
Also, if someone plans to buy from Japan, he or she should consider that often times department stores double the price.

LV in HK is slightly cheaper than in SG for certain models - not by a lot maybe just by SGD$20-SGD$40 cheaper, but seriously, go take a walk at the 2nd Hand stores in HK, you can get FANTASTIC buys sometimes for a bag with a condition next to brand new, not kidding~ :P

I got my Damier Ribera MM which was made in Dec 2004 in really mint condition for only HKD$3880 = SGD$785 = US499 (All conversion approximate). I usually ply the 2nd hand stores rather than go to the HK LV boutique, the Balenciagas are pretty reasonable there too, FYI. :smile:

Itsabagslife said:
LV in HK is slightly cheaper than in SG for certain models - not by a lot maybe just by SGD$20-SGD$40 cheaper, but seriously, go take a walk at the 2nd Hand stores in HK, you can get FANTASTIC buys sometimes for a bag with a condition next to brand new, not kidding~ :P

I got my Damier Ribera MM which was made in Dec 2004 in really mint condition for only HKD$3880 = SGD$785 = US499 (All conversion approximate). I usually ply the 2nd hand stores rather than go to the HK LV boutique, the Balenciagas are pretty reasonable there too, FYI. :smile:

But how do you know for sure that it's the real thing? I'm going later on this year and I'de LOVE to go to a 2nd hand shop.. but I don't know if I can really trust it.. :wacko:

kookielf124 said:
But how do you know for sure that it's the real thing? I'm going later on this year and I'de LOVE to go to a 2nd hand shop.. but I don't know if I can really trust it.. :wacko:

There are lots of Milan Stations, Paris Stations littered along the streets, try districts like Tsim Sha Tsui or Central, they have tonnes there and remember to bargain. Some of the stores do allow you to bargain slightly if you are getting more than one item. Here's the website of one of the stores I drop by whenever I'm in HK:

Second Hand Shop

Only buy from the well-known 2nd hand stores, Hong Kongers are very affluent and many are known to replace their handbags as soon as it patinas or when fashion style changes.

HTH!:flowers:

Itsabagslife said:
There are lots of Milan Stations, Paris Stations littered along the streets, try districts like Tsim Sha Tsui or Central, they have tonnes there and remember to bargain. Some of the stores do allow you to bargain slightly if you are getting more than one item. Here's the website of one of the stores I drop by whenever I'm in HK:

Second Hand Shop

Only buy from the well-known 2nd hand stores, Hong Kongers are very affluent and many are known to replace their handbags as soon as it patinas or when fashion style changes.

HTH!:flowers:

LoL.. the last time I went to HK (about 3 yrs ago) I had asked my distant aunt to bring me to the second hand shops to look around.. instead she tells me to go to China (sum jun<~ sorry, direct cantonese translation, dunno how to type it out in english), some city that has ALOT of fakes. I was like....:Push: and then :throwup: . I wound up trashing all the fake bags that she bought me, thinking she was doing me a 'favor'. :roflmfao: :angel: :lol:

hi kookie,
maybe your auntie's talking about shenzhen. it's the border between HK and china. there's a big shopping mall with a lot of fakes and some are quite good. i went there last year and seeing all those fakes makes me :hysteric:.
since our last pm, i've developed a shopping list as well :graucho: and it's kinda long :P. but i might buy a few here before i leave for HK. can't wait that long :rolleyes:.
and one more thing, i won't be worried about the gst though. i'm pretty sure we can claim it back as a tourist.

kookielf124 said:
LoL.. the last time I went to HK (about 3 yrs ago) I had asked my distant aunt to bring me to the second hand shops to look around.. instead she tells me to go to China (sum jun<~ sorry, direct cantonese translation, dunno how to type it out in english), some city that has ALOT of fakes. I was like....:Push: and then :throwup: . I wound up trashing all the fake bags that she bought me, thinking she was doing me a 'favor'. :roflmfao: :angel: :lol:

DEFINITELY Shenzhen that she's talking about! :roflmfao:

They have the worst fakes along the streets! It's horrendous! U see bad fakes all over the place and they keep telling you it's the real thing! They call it &#27700;&#36135; and tell you that it's REAL LV with 'slight' quality defects... *Puh lease...*

Nono, go to the reputable ones in HK like Milan Station or Paris Station, they have a lot in Central. If you're looking to pamper yourself, you could drop by Shenzhen for good cheap manicure/pedicure! It's only RMB15 (US$1.87) for a Manicure+Pedicure. :P

Thanks for all the info!!! :flowers:

Now let's see what happens when I go to HK!! There's one bag that I'm totally in LOVE with, but I don't think I will ever find it.. the Macha Waltz.. now THAT is a bag.. :love:

Anyone who lives in HK.. I need Help. I need to find exactly how much a Batignolles Horizontal cost in HK dollar. So I can compare the Price of the BH in HK and the BH in Australia duty Free. Will be leaving in 1 weeks time! yeah!

I usually go to to LV's website, find their local phone number, call them up and ask! No need for guessing. Costs like... $0.02 on a VoIP line?

I have friends in Hong Kong, Japan, and UK... so it's worth a shot!

However, so far I think getting LVs from eLuxury is the most economic solution for me... all the shopping spree rebates :yes:

if it hasnt been answered actually Sydney prices - gst would work out to be the same as SG - gst price abd Hk price, its roughly the same at the moment. but then thats always depend on the exchang rates as well

Hope that helps :heart:

Hi babes,

I am from Singapore. It is def cheaper to get LV in Europe and NOT Singapore. I am just waiting to go for a trip this year or my girlfriend to go and get her to help me get one.

She helped me get a croissant pochette from Holland last year and it saved me like S$250 to S$300!

Prices are higher in Malaysia and Indonesia (but hey, the Chinese in these 2 countries are flithy rich!). :smile:

Heard that Coach in Hong Kong is cheap tho'.