Is LV canvas just straight PVC?

Its coated canvas which is heavy weight cotton that is coated in PVC plastic, roller stamped for its texture and then screen printed with the pattern with a final plastic clear coating. Well that's what I have read on here.

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

Ok. I can't see any differences (but the structure) between the LV canvas and the Burberry Smoked check canvas, which is plain PVC..
-Gucci use a more envirement friendly material to coat their canvas, and will totaly stop using PVC in 2017.

Ok. I can't see any differences (but the structure) between the LV canvas and the Burberry Smoked check canvas, which is plain PVC..

-Gucci use a more envirement friendly material to coat their canvas, and will totaly stop using PVC in 2017.

Gucci use what they call an "earth conscious process" which is the finish they use on the canvas which is what you said Dorf. Not sure what it is or what the earth conscious process is however, I do like the finish. I find all the canvases feel and look different. IMO I find the Burberry canvas feels really plasticky. But going back to LV, I have been told by many SA's that the actual process is a secret but I am not sure what to think of that. Goyard actually state that the actual manufacturing process of their canvas is strictly confidential.

Gucci use what they call an "earth conscious process" which is the finish they use on the canvas which is what you said Dorf. Not sure what it is or what the earth conscious process is however, I do like the finish. I find all the canvases feel and look different. IMO I find the Burberry canvas feels really plasticky. But going back to LV, I have been told by many SA's that the actual process is a secret but I am not sure what to think of that. Goyard actually state that the actual manufacturing process of their canvas is strictly confidential.

Yeah, I like the Gucci Supreme canvas as well, because it's very light comparing to the relative heavy LV canvas.