Is Louis Vuitton Monogram too ostentatious?

Jan 2, 2018
I got a nasty look during my Club Pilates class. The woman in the next reformer gave me such a nasty stare at my LV monogram Monceau bag. I was rather taken aback because I’ve seen women wear their 4ct engagement ring to that reformer flow 1.5 class. My husband told me I might want to not wear the monogram bag and go back to the LV epileather. He said the monogram is a lot more attention getting. I have a family of Monceau bags from a million years ago in multiple materials and colors. When something works, I like to get many versions of that bag. I had been wearing the black epi leather one since the pandemic started.

I go from work to Pilates class and don’t have time to switch out my gym bag. I even put my sock in a ziplock bag inside this bag. I didn’t particularly think LV bags was that loud because this is the less expensive bag in my closet considering how much the Chanel caviars gone up in price. So now, I‘m back in my epi leather and wondering how I got shamed in pilates class of all places. Am I over reacting? Perhaps the loud monogram is all in bad taste while there is a global pandemic?

Life is too short to worry about such things but Asians tend to be a lot more “situationally aware“ after this pandemic started. For now, I’m probably gonna go back to being understated.

Asians tend to be pretty nosy, especially the moms or older generation. (I know cus I am Asian lol)
But it's funny, maybe depends on where you live. I live in a heavily populated mostly-Chinese area in California and everyone kind of minds their own business. But the younger kids are pretty flashy with their money/brands, so I guess I appear more understated compare to them. :lol:

I’m always amazed at how one allows strangers who gave zero importance in your life dictate your decisions.

Wear and carry what you like. it’s a Pilates class. You’re there to workout and go home. If I worried about the looks that I get everytime I went out, I’d be carrying a trash bag. The again, I’d get a “look” for that, too.

Since you can‘t win…do you.

I got a nasty look during my Club Pilates class. The woman in the next reformer gave me such a nasty stare at my LV monogram Monceau bag. I was rather taken aback because I’ve seen women wear their 4ct engagement ring to that reformer flow 1.5 class. My husband told me I might want to not wear the monogram bag and go back to the LV epileather. He said the monogram is a lot more attention getting. I have a family of Monceau bags from a million years ago in multiple materials and colors. When something works, I like to get many versions of that bag. I had been wearing the black epi leather one since the pandemic started.

I go from work to Pilates class and don’t have time to switch out my gym bag. I even put my sock in a ziplock bag inside this bag. I didn’t particularly think LV bags was that loud because this is the less expensive bag in my closet considering how much the Chanel caviars gone up in price. So now, I‘m back in my epi leather and wondering how I got shamed in pilates class of all places. Am I over reacting? Perhaps the loud monogram is all in bad taste while there is a global pandemic?
maybe she dislike it because its a vintage bag not because it's monogram, some people don't like vintage looking bags, maybe you could ask her ?