Is leather conditioner for damier ebene necessary???

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi.... sorry if this question is already answered in a previous thread. I searched but could not find a specific answer. Is it necessary or beneficial to condition the treated leather handles on Damier Ebene pieces with something like Blackrock or other quality leather conditioner?? [To prevent them from drying / cracking]
    Thanks!! :smile:

2. My DE Speedy is almost three years old and still looks brand new with no babying whatsoever. If I fell into ice and salt I might think about a conditioner but so far nothing has damaged it.

3. I don't think so
    de is very durable

4. Thanks for the replies.... I wasn't sure if conditioner would help keep any cracks, etc from forming. Will just use and enjoy! :smile:

5. No. My DE is over 5 years old and looks like new with no treatment. I carry it in the winter only and it snows here a ton! I also carry it when it rains.

6. I had to return a preloved DE cosmetic pouch that was 7 years old because of the canvas chipping. :sad:. I wonder what went wrong there.

7. Hi! Thanks for the reply! I am in your area... about 45ish miles North of Chicago. Our wonderful weather is exactly why I am getting a DE piece. :smile: I have a very small collection, and only monogram. I find myself not wanting to carry them much of the time to protect the vachetta, so I think I will get a lot of use out of having a DE piece!! And here's to an early spring for us.... we have sure had our fair share of snow this winter!

8. Just had to tell you....I love your avatar picture!!!

9. thank you!
    soon it'll be 3 pairs of hands and a new little set of feet :smile:

10. Hi neighbor! You will love DE! I've really come to appreciate this pattern with our winters! Empreinte is great too! I've been carrying my Empreinte Speedy 30 in Infini for the past couple of weeks and it's been terrific in the snow!