Is it wrong to want so many LVs?

I think everyone is in a different stage in their life. I don't think it's "wrong" per se to want luxury goods - but definitely think of it in a rational way. My luxury obsession started with Coach, as I'm sure many people did when I turned 20 as with Chanel - thank you the Devil Wears Prada (two different spectrums, I know). Then it escalated to Kate Spade, Michael Kors, and now LV and Chanel.

Over the past few years I've reigned in my spending due to other financial obligations - paying off student loans and purchasing a house.

Due to COVID and working remotely, I was able to save enough from not commuting and paid off my loans. As a treat to myself - I purchased the LV Coussin (this was also for all the hard work/stress I had to endure the past year). I think luxury items - whatever they may be - should tie into some special occasion/moment in your life and not just purchasing for the whim or current trends. I do hope to pass on some stuff to my kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews in the future :yes: (First born grandson is going to get a lovely Tiffany engagement ring :lol:)

Once we can travel again - my luxury goods budget will go down as I'd rather experience things in the world #wanderlust

Since I have been stuck at home I have bought *very little* when it comes to bags and SLGs this last 12 months. I have bought a lot of soap and lotion stuff. Candles and blankets.

*Fendi baguette, LV cosmetic GM, YSL pouch*

and to answer your question it's not wrong. Whatever gets you through this with your mental health intact.

It's not WRONG but if you're buying out of boredom, impulse, "might as well," etc you may come to regret it later. I find this to be especially true if I buy a bunch of same-brand or similar style things in one go... you feel the frenzy in the moment but a year later you might be onto something else and wish you had just spent that money elsewhere instead. Just my thoughts.

Thank you, and yes. I can definitely recognise the purchases I might regret so I'm fairly restrained for most part. I think I'm not too worried as the resell value of LV is pretty good so you're not going to be left with things you can't ever sell, should you really need to get funds for other important things. I'm a collector and novelty seeker at heart so I've accepted that this is how I am but it's good to know I'm not alone :biggrin:

I'm trying to be happy with what I've got. I love my collection, but I do sometimes go through periods of wanting more! The rational side of me knows that I have more than enough, and that sometimes I don't even use a lot of my items as often as I should (realistically, I could majorly downsize and keep just my most used pieces) but I do love everything in my current collection. The not so rational, LV-obsessed and collector side of me says "you can never have too much". It's a constant battle! :facepalm: :lol:

Thanks! I so want to be happy with what I've got, but I know I can be equally happy with what I've got *and* new acquisitions! I'm hoping the obsession settles down this year lol

I try to only add one bag a year because I do have more than I can use, especially working from home now.

Yes :smile: I think I'm good with the large/medium bag now as I've finally found the ones I love and find useful. I can't see myself wanting a new bigger bag for a while, as long as we're not likely to travel for a while. It's now the smaller, casual bags that I can't seem to stop at one. Having said that, there's nothing wrong with having a few to select from and I'm fairly sure the mad buying will ease later this year lol

Reactions: Loriad and anabg
I think practicing gratitude aids us in managing our consumption habits. While that isn't to say that you do not practice gratitude, it is so easy to get caught up in the hunt instead of recognizing how lucky we are to even be able to discuss purchasing more luxury items while people are experiencing financial hardships as a result of the pandemic. I saw a provincially-based survey and 52 percent of people said that if they had $200 less in their accounts they wouldn't be able to pay their bills. When I look at my items, I feel an immense sense of pride for the work that I've done and how blessed I am to have these gorgeous, frivilous items in my home. I hope I didn't come off as preachy but these are important issues to stress.

It isn't bad to want more luxury items - in fact, I hope that you are able to continue to purchase them as they make you happy. Our happiness is # 1.
Absolutely, and not preachy at all! I'm super grateful for everything that is good and well in my world but I think that's a great thing to keep in mind the next time I get the urge to spend. I also think you're spot on in that my love of luxe is an outlet. I've had some anxious moments over the last year and having something fun and happy to focus has been invaluable. Just finding that moderation I guess with anything :smile:

Reactions: LHLarsen and Loriad
Not wrong at all. I was never too into LV but started really looking at the brand last year and fell into the deep end. There is nothing wrong with wanting a lot of items. The tragedy occurs when you have more items than you know what to do with. For me, if I like it and can afford it, then I'll buy it. I went a little crazy with the BTP collection, but I actually don't see me buying anything bag-wise from 2021 Fall/Winter which is why I figure I would buy what I bought now.

I think luxury items - whatever they may be - should tie into some special occasion/moment in your life and not just purchasing for the whim or current trends. I do hope to pass on some stuff to my kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews in the future :yes: (First born grandson is going to get a lovely Tiffany engagement ring :lol:)

Yes to this. I think moving forwards I'll be treating myself to a major purchase for special occasions. At the moment I feel like I'm playing catch up in a way so buying whatever I want without much though. I should mention though that the majority of my purchases are second-hand items so not exactly on my way to being a Very Important Client at my local LV quite yet. Here's to travelling again!

Thanks everyone. I'm oddly finding myself at peace this weekend with what I have, thanks to everyone's input but also because my current combo (DE Pochette Double Zip with bandouliere) finally feels like 'The One' for everyday usage. It's also had a lot of compliments from strangers so far and it's only been a few days since I bought it (not that that matters). So, I think I'm good!

I should mention that the majority of my purchases are secondhand as I do like the 2000s items the most so I'm certainly not rocking up to LV every week to buy something. I wish! I'm a bargain and treasure hunter at heart so I think the thrill has mostly been in finding rare stuff or super bargains. I think that aspect of me buying stuff won't end but I feel myself calming down.

I think my next big new purchase will be when we can finally travel again and visit Tokyo. Hoping that coincides with a milestone birthday :biggrin:

Thanks again and happy LV'ing!

I think my next big new purchase will be when we can finally travel again and visit Tokyo. Hoping that coincides with a milestone birthday :biggrin:

Thanks again and happy LV'ing!
Yay so glad to hear you have found some purse peace, for now!! Japan was my last big trip in 2018. I so miss traveling! Make sure you go outside of Tokyo to Kyoto and/or Osaka as well. I found the hustle and bustle of Tokyo was a little too much for me - I liked things at a slower pace.

Yay so glad to hear you have found some purse peace, for now!! Japan was my last big trip in 2018. I so miss traveling! Make sure you go outside of Tokyo to Kyoto and/or Osaka as well. I found the hustle and bustle of Tokyo was a little too much for me - I liked things at a slower pace.

Oh mine too! It's been 3 years this week for me *cries* I do love other parts of Japan but Tokyo has my heart. I lived there for a few years when I was much younger (not sure why I didn't buy LVs then!) but I think the next trip deserves a trip down to Kyoto for sure :heart:

I do not think it is wrong to want many LV handbags. But if too many are collected-they end up "laying there". I have WAY too many LV's. Dozens. I love my collection, but if I could do it all over again, I would never have done it. I think the magic number of how many LV's I should have bought -it would be 12.