Is it wrong to not like LV anymore???

I used to love LV, in fact I have more than 10 LV bags and I ended up giving 3 of them away... Here's why....

I was in line at Nordstrom and there were these girls behind me checking out my Theda... I clearly heard one of them say... " Her LV must be fake" The other girl asked how she knew and she responded with... " It must be fake because she's Asian, they all carry fake LV's ".. I was so shocked from what I heard that I didn't know what to say and I just pretended that I didn't hear them... I was so hurt, I felt like crying, insulting my bag that I paid $2,000 for is like stabbing me in the heart.... I was so mad! :cry:
I couldn't bring myself to use any of my LV bags or buy them at the moment since that incident... I'm not saying I don't love LV anymore, I just like LV less... Darn, I need to get over this!!! :sad2:

WOW! I wasn't aware that all Asian's carry fakes (SARCASM)! I see tons of Asians carrying LV.....geeez that must mean that most of the LVs I see everyday must be fake!

Don't let those little TWITS take something away from you that you love! The fact that they were soo racist and generalizing about it makes it even worse. Did you stick around to hear them say what type of ppl carry REAL LVs? :cursing:

oh but to answer your question, YES it is wrong not to love LV anymore because of those idiots. I totally understand how their comments were offensive, disheartening, and rude...but don't let it get to you! They were just jealous of your beautiful bag and if they knew that it stopped you from carrying it they would probably be overjoyed! please dont let it bother you :s

People that talk like that are only showing their ignorance...Sounds like they don't have enough class to even be discussing whether it was real or not. I can't imagine even discussing something so stupid with my friends when were out shopping etc.

There will always be people like this in the world...
Rock your LV and forget those low-lifes...:roflmfao:

i am so sorry. i get this way too sometimes. i get scared that just because im asian, people will think its fake. but people who say that are ignorant and stupid. there are so many very wealthy asians, and the ones who do carry fakes, well, actually im not going to say anything about them, because i do not know their situation. BUT, if i was you and those girls were saying that, i would have turned around and said "Ummmm, excuse me hunny, but my bag is authentic, and it costs more than your face:P"

That is sooo offensive! How racist and rude of them. It is true that Japanese women have been one of LV's most loyal supporters for decades (even before LV became so popular)... however, from what I have heard and seen during my trips to Asia, apparently the current buyers that are stocking them up by the bagfuls nowadays are the Chinese! A close friend of mine have been an expat in China for seven years now and she said LVs (or anything foreign) in China are slapped with a huge tax (something like 30%, but don't quote me on that). Since there are more and more rich Chinese nowadays looking to spend some serious cash, they flock to places like HK and other countries to buy them.

So don't let those ignorant fools upset you. Quite clearly they are very limited in their understanding of the the true 'global' nature of LV.

First, I am :shocked: and :amazed: ... especially in this day and age to (still) encounter such racist remarks.

I would have turned ever so slightly and glanced at them (so, they know that you did hear them... after all, that was their intention wasn't it?) and do a small shrug :lol: and then show them no other emotion :noworry:!!
Then upon arriving home and getting on tpf, I would :cursing: and :rant: because I know that most tpf'ers would understand how I felt. :flowers:!

I have encountered stares of "Oo, that's fake..." (very few) BUT never a racist remark with it. I have also come across plain old racist remarks/stares... but that's a whole other subject not worth getting into.
I agree we buy status-type bags/clothes/items because we like them and in a way, are asking for people "to look at us". However, it still doesn't warrant such rude comments from anyone.
I am sorry that you had to run into such ignorant people. Continue to carry your bags with great pleasure... I know I will. :heart:

Oh... I just noticed this is an old post... no matter... situations similar to this one still exist.

Last edited:
You know, I'm actually the opposite.
Before I was into designer bags, I did notice all the asian girls always had the hot and expensive (I assumed designer) bags, and after joining tpf and seeing all the lovely asian girls with their goodies here I automatically think that all asian girls have the real deal(I guess asian girls are more into fashion than the average people in my country) Maybe that's not true either, but anyhoooooo, don't let these girls bother you, they obviously didn't know any better and were quite rude to say it loud enough for you to hear.

Next time, just let them know how superficial they are by saying something like 'whatever you say dear' with a big smile on your face!

I used to love LV, in fact I have more than 10 LV bags and I ended up giving 3 of them away... Here's why....

I was in line at Nordstrom and there were these girls behind me checking out my Theda... I clearly heard one of them say... " Her LV must be fake" The other girl asked how she knew and she responded with... " It must be fake because she's Asian, they all carry fake LV's ".. I was so shocked from what I heard that I didn't know what to say and I just pretended that I didn't hear them... I was so hurt, I felt like crying, insulting my bag that I paid $2,000 for is like stabbing me in the heart.... I was so mad! :cry:
I couldn't bring myself to use any of my LV bags or buy them at the moment since that incident... I'm not saying I don't love LV anymore, I just like LV less... Darn, I need to get over this!!! :sad2:
This makes me go :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: FOr so many reasons!
It's so ignorant and stupid I have no words. From a sensible logical cognitive point of view many more asians than americans buy LV (I don't even bother to look up the statistics, Japan consums more LV than the whole US with a much smaller population.. ) which makes the entire statement invalid. Second of all jumping to conclutions like that shows she knows nothing of LV because she's not even able to spot a real bag and jumping to conclutions based on appearances... Congratulations to her for being a great human being with a big head on her shoulders.

In conclution, I would not care about whatever such stupid people think.. :nogood: