Is it worth to buy Burberry Trench coat in London ?

Apr 17, 2012
I am not sure to give this advice to my friend, becausei have friend who
lives in London. She wants to ask my friend to get a trench coat in London. She knows it will cheaper than the state.
I am not sure it is true or not since the currency is so high right now.

Compare the prices on the UK and Home site to see. Any sales or promotions to take advantage of?

I didn't find much difference in some RTW, but if she's going for the higher end trenches, yes the difference could be worth buying in London vs home.

But what if sizing is off or tailoring is needed? How are you shipping home, as there are postage and duties that may be added which takes away from the savings.

Thank you so much, I think she will go with heritage collection, Kensington specific
She plans if my friend visits her family this winter break, she will ask her to buy one.
In other case, she plans to travel in London soon.
Do we get the tax refund back though? I don't know what rate in London like

Last edited:
If you're leaving the UK, you should be able to claim the VAT back. But for that to happen when buying in store, a foreign passport is needed (not UK, they aren't eligible for VAT refund).

Also, not sure if the airport sells the Kensington trench, but if they do, then no VAT paperwork needed. So your friend living there should be able to get the Duty free price. Contact Heathrow's personal shopper to inquire.

Google the exchange rates for an approximate value.

Hope this helps!

I would suggest that your friend go to the burberry outlet store in london.
Address: 29-31 Chatham Pl, London E9 6LP, United Kingdom

Phone:+44 20 8328 4287
This is where i got my gorgeous coat at half price to the burberry store. I don't know how they do it but i think they may be the season's before but as the classics don't change much, then you get an original gorgeous coat for much cheaper! they also have other burberry stuff way cheaper like scarves, shoes, boots etc!

Reactions: Nadiazhang
I would suggest that your friend go to the burberry outlet store in london.
Address: 29-31 Chatham Pl, London E9 6LP, United Kingdom

Phone:+44 20 8328 4287
This is where i got my gorgeous coat at half price to the burberry store. I don't know how they do it but i think they may be the season's before but as the classics don't change much, then you get an original gorgeous coat for much cheaper! they also have other burberry stuff way cheaper like scarves, shoes, boots etc!

I had no idea this existed in London. I knew they had one an hour outside (mall escapes me atm) but right in the city of London? However, the heritage styles never go on sale, so if she is looking for the Kensington, I don't think an outlet will help

I am not sure to give this advice to my friend, becausei have friend who

lives in London. She wants to ask my friend to get a trench coat in London. She knows it will cheaper than the state.

I am not sure it is true or not since the currency is so high right now.

The pound is actually pretty low right now. I just did this and save approx 4-500$. If you call the terminal Burberry story at the airport, they will order the style and size you need. By doing this I save 200£ off high street price. Did it last week and soooooo happy!!