Is it worth mailing items to negative buyers?

Hessefan

O.G.
Sep 14, 2009
I recently sold a brand new collectible figurine that was an unwanted present. The listing ended yesterday, and the buyer hasn't paid yet. I was just checking out the buyers feedback, and my heart nearly stopped - almost all of his feedback as a buyer is negative or neutral, and he keeps mentioning getting refunds through Paypal in all his negatives. He just generally sounds extremely rude and crazy. I have 100% and am stressing out already. The problem is, he also leaves negative feedback for sellers who tried to cancel a listing or didn't ship (apparently because he refused to accept shipping costs). He completely ruins the feedback for sellers who, previously to encountering him, had hundreds of positives. :tdown::nogood:

I don't know what to do. He sells more than he buys, so his feedback is mostly good and he has lots, but I really do not want to sell to him. It sounds as though he claims SNAD on everything he buys and doesn't return the items. It is also clear that I will most likely get a negative whether I ship or not. The item isn't expensive, but this is already a nightmare. Any advice?

Does he ever leave pos fb?

Are you saying this maroon buys and sells on the same ID? If so I would report him to Ebay. I read where they were cracking down on resellers who were trashing other sellers fb. Especially if he is using SNADs to chisel partials so he can make more $$$ on the flip.

poopsie2 said:
Does he ever leave pos fb?

Are you saying this maroon buys and sells on the same ID? If so I would report him to Ebay. I read where they were cracking down on resellers who were trashing other sellers fb. Especially if he is using SNADs to chisel partials so he can make more $$$ on the flip.

He does sell and buy on the same ID (so do I, because I only sell occasionally and only things that I don't need). He also leaves some positive feedback, and seems to receive largely positive feedback as a seller.
His negative feedback is really very aggressive, and he claims that things are dirty, used or "fit for the bin" all the time. If sellers respond he follows up even more aggressively and states that he had to get Ebay to refund him. I guess I have to hope I'm one of the few he leaves a positive for. If I reported him, I wouldn't know what to report him for?!?

He sounds like he would leave unpleasant feedback whether he was happy or not.

Your item is a brand new collectible... how can he possibly find fault with this..

You never know so I guess you have to decide what the pros & cons might

be if you ship or ask to cancel the transaction....good luck to you... with a buyer

like this, it is a no win situation... so which is the lesser of two evils?

Ugh, I am so sorry, OP. That just stinks because technically you have no grounds to cancel the transaction, KWIM? The buyer sounds like a miserable person. I really hope this turns out well for you. What would you say his negative to positive feedback ratio is?

I'm on my phone currently so unable to double check the ratio, but from what I recall at least half or more! I know I can't cancel the sale, because some of his sellers seem to have tried that and he replied saying he thinks they wanted more money.
Even though the item is new, he has left quite a few negs for other new items stating they weren't new after all or were dirty/stained/unusable.
He also has one recent feedback himself saying he BINed but never paid, and he left nasty feedback for that seller saying they relisted without waiting for his payment. So perhaps he'll never pay, but if I don't file NPB against him (since I don't care if he doesn't pay), can I somehow get my fees back without having to ask him for a cancellation? He just sounds vengeful and erratic :/

If I block him now would that block him from paying this auction or only from bidding on my future auctions? I wish there was a way to weed out chronic feedback destroyers.

Ooh, tricky situation ! With a bit of luck he won't pay, don't think there's much for you to do other than hope for the best, maybe send him a wonderful, gushing email thanking him for the purchase...make friends with him !

If you have it setup so ebay automatically files the UPI then you can hope he takes too long to pay and can't leave feedback. Can you see if he resold some of the things he left negs on? If he did you could possibly report him for that. It's a shame ebay doesn't get rid of people like that. I know lately I'm getting lots of UPI's and people trying to get partial refunds cuz they know us sellers have to watch our FB. Anyways good luck with it and hope it works out for you.

It's a figurine - is it fragile?

You could always let him know how very, very sorry and upset you are, but that you couldn't possibly send it to him now as it just slipped out of your hands as you started packing it and smashed into a thousand pieces and of course you will refund his money straight away.

How clumsy of you! :biggrin:

It's a figurine - is it fragile?

You could always let him know how very, very sorry and upset you are, but that you couldn't possibly send it to him now as it just slipped out of your hands as you started packing it and smashed into a thousand pieces and of course you will refund his money straight away.

How clumsy of you! :biggrin:

Great minds think alike!

"I'm so sorry, but I had the figurine on the dining room table and left momentarily to answer an important call I was expecting. In the interim, my two-year old dropped it. I am so very sorry." :lol:

Joking aside, technically you are obligated to ship it, once PITA buyer pays.