Is it worth it?

I<3bags_uk

Nov 13, 2018
Hi I’ve always admired the fendi peekaboo but have always ended up not buying it and going for a Chanel flap instead usually mini - that’s prob because I don’t live near to a fendi shop that sells a peekaboo. How does the Nappa leather age/wear? I love how it looks but am fearful. I want to be able to use the bag without being super paranoid. I have realised this - as I tend to steer away from lambskin with Chanel. Is it better to get a sellier? Does this look as good as the nappa in person. Thanks in advance xx

Here are some daylight pics of my Nappa one.

I must say, I sold my Mini Peekaboo because on the side that faced my body, the twist lock would always get stuck to my belt/or the belt loops and unlock itself when wearing it crossbody. It was so annoying I couldn‘t enjoy using it

Attachments

• EB4C1243-3DA0-4DA9-9B21-F05B8D259472.jpeg
    EB4C1243-3DA0-4DA9-9B21-F05B8D259472.jpeg
    333.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 112954E7-CCA5-402F-8670-374549E2C111.jpeg
    112954E7-CCA5-402F-8670-374549E2C111.jpeg
    330.9 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Christofle
Hi, the peekaboo is a beautiful bag. The mini size is great, with great capacity, and works well during the day and as an evening bag too. For me, the style is classic, and on the same level as Chanel and Dior bags. But...
The Nappa leather is very delicate. I am very careful with my bags, but this one is exceptional! Mine is a Nappa black mini Peekaboo, which I got in fall 2018. Haven't used it that much, less than 1x per month, and it shows corner wear. Once it has rubbed against a paper bag, and the leather got super scratched on that day. Very sad, given the price tag. I would avoid Nappa leather, or be prepared to be careful when you use it. You can look into calfskin for a Peekaboo. If I was to repurchase it, I would buy calfskin, and look into sellier too. (for comparison, I also owe a lambskin Lady Dior, which is way sturdier than the Peekaboo). That being said, the Nappa is incredibly beautiful, but deeelicate!

With everything that is going on in all luxury brands, I think purchases are made better earlier than later. Quality becomes less good, whereas prices keep on rising. Especially with classic styles, and in classic brands, I would set the priority on purchasing a couple of classics and in sturdy leathers. Right now, those brands favour seasonal bag styles, and their marketing is aggressive. But again, long-term, you won't regret having your classic styles. They will always make you happy.

Reactions: ChampagneTasteBeer$