Is it worth it buying lv bags still?

Mcandy

Jul 24, 2013
Just curious...i just went to yorkdale mall just yesterday. I saw lots of people with speedies, neverfulls, evas and artsies...i was contemplating whether i should buy a new bag sometime this year but in seeing this I'm questioning if its still worth it...i was using my batignolles regular and i was pleased i haven't seen anyone with bag like mine...dont get me wrong, i love LV but maybe i should consider less popular styles...why spend a thousand dollars on a bag that everyone have right?

That's the exact reason why I branched out in other brands. For SLG's I will probably always stick to LV, because of it's quality, and of course Hermes. But for bags, I literally see 100 LV's everyday, if not more! They're not special enough anymore to spend a lot of money on imo...

Reactions: celine666666
I don't like the most common bags - neverfull or speedy. In general I stay away from canvas, although a small azur bag would be nice. I stick with leather styles that I like and aren't very common.

And worst are people who buys certain style with different print..like you own a speedy in damier and mono or neverfull in DE, DA and mono...i dont understand how come? The price of two speedies woud be worth another Lv bag in different model...

Reactions: celine666666
I don't mind that there are many people with the same bag. This might be because I don't see too many other people with LVs in my neck of the woods. I prefer the canvas bags for my lifestyle. I buy what I like and not just because its popular. So to answer your question- yes buying LV is worth it to me :smile:

I don't mind that there are many people with the same bag. This might be because I don't see too many other people with LVs in my neck of the woods. I prefer the canvas bags for my lifestyle. I buy what I like and not just because its popular. So to answer your question- yes buying LV is worth it to me :smile:
i am in the same boat. don't see too many where i live and the canvas bags just totally work for me. they are lightweight and my most used lv's still look like new after lots and lots of use. whenever i switch out of an lv bag it doesn't last more than a day. one day i will probably try an empreinte leather lv bag but to be honest, i worry that they will be heavier and i have loads of really nice legacy anniversary era coach bags with great leather. i love them but they are heavy. i think i will always love my speedies and neverfulls no matter what.

And worst are people who buys certain style with different print..like you own a speedy in damier and mono or neverfull in DE, DA and mono...i dont understand how come? The price of two speedies woud be worth another Lv bag in different model...

You are correct that the price of two speedies could buy a LV in a different model. What you are not understanding is that people buy what they like. We all have different taste, interest, and goals. I own a speedy in mono and DE and I am happy with my purchases. To me fashion is about having fun and buying what you like. If every woman in the world owned a Speedy that would not deter me from wanting one. Its all about how you rock it. So maybe those of us who have one style in multiple prints are not the worst just more confident. :P

Last edited:
I love LV bags. In the area where I live I do not see a ton of them. Mainly Coach is popular here. I do see alot of speedy's and nf's when i travel but still own them. I like them because they are lightweight and comfortable. Imo , buy what you love, who cares who has what. Enjoy your bags :smile:

I am also done buying canvas, the last one I bought canvas was Totally MM DE when it first came out this year. I am just going to buy leather LV if I find something I like, already just bought the Soft Lockit and the Epi Neverfull. You don't see the leather LVs as much due to the huge price difference versus canvas, so stick with LV leather if you can afford it. I have started to branch out to Chanel.