Is it worth it and would this bother you?

Elie12

Jul 31, 2018
Hey ladies, I hope you are well and keeping your spirits high during this time.

I am looking to add another chanel to my collection but this is my first second hand exploration and not sure what to do.
The bag i found is a double flap jumbo from 2017 but with worn-out corners as in photo. The asking price is 3,300£ and not sure if this is worth it and if i should go ahead buy and fix the corners or they are not fixable at all.

Any help and ideas will be appreciated.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 515
I wish I could see it in person so I know if it will. If it is fixable maybe but if not then I think it will annoy me way too much to look at crappy corners. I mean why would someone do this to a chanel

Sorry, what?

This happens by accident. I can think of so many times that the corners of my bags have accidentally brushed against an abrasive surface. A few years ago, someone tripped and fell against me and my bag scraped against a brick wall. Unfortunate accidents happen.

I agree. Nobody does this to any item on purpose. This is normal wear and tear. Some ppl baby their bags, others don’t.

I am the person that baby their bags way too much. Obviously accidents happen and it has happened to be but these corners seem very scratched, I guess I just wonder how. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Is this fixable?

I am the person that baby their bags way too much. Obviously accidents happen and it has happened to be but these corners seem very scratched, I guess I just wonder how. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Is this fixable?
I also kind of baby my bags, hence, as I said before, would not buy a bag in this condition.

I wish I could see it in person so I know if it will. If it is fixable maybe but if not then I think it will annoy me way too much to look at crappy corners. I mean why would someone do this to a chanel
This looks like completely normal wear b/c of age and not something that was 'done.' Your final bag price will be 3300 + the cost of repairs so maybe closer to 4. Would it still be worth it at that price? It's not easy to tell from the picture but as long as it's not worn through to the leather it can be fixed and colored. My advice is to never purchase a problem, a bag should be wearable from the start and not need immediate restoration.

Corner repair (dye job) can be upwards of $250 USD + if Chanel agrees to take in the item.
Plus the cost of fixing that mangled stitching. This bag isn't worth the energy to fix it at that price.

Dye and color repair can be done by most upscale cobblers or outfits like the Leather Surgeons. My local little shoe repair shop always has an impressive number of Chanel and Goyard bags on the pick-up queue.

Hey ladies, I hope you are well and keeping your spirits high during this time.

I am looking to add another chanel to my collection but this is my first second hand exploration and not sure what to do.
The bag i found is a double flap jumbo from 2017 but with worn-out corners as in photo. The asking price is 3,300£ and not sure if this is worth it and if i should go ahead buy and fix the corners or they are not fixable at all.

Any help and ideas will be appreciated.
From experience, most of the wear and tear from my handbags have been on the corners like this. However, I wouldn't buy a bag with wear and tear like this because it would drive me crazy. It's bound to happen, but because I didn't do it, it would bug the hell outta me. I would keep looking since more classic flaps might be popping up due to people needing funds from this unfortunate pandemic. That's just my opinion! x

Reactions: Kayceedee88