Is it worth getting the Piping done on a bag that's 19 yrs old?

Holabonita

Aug 2, 2012
I was wondering if I should get the Piping repaired on this Beverly Briefcase. It's cracking on the top sides. It's very clean inside and the canvas looks great. Anybody know how much the cost would be?

I think that you should get it repaired, as you say that the canvad is in good condition. To me, there's just something appealing about keeping a bag through thick and thin and taking care of her.

I am afraid they may not be willing to repair this. On my screen, it looks like the cracking extends slightly into the canvas. If it does, they will deem this unrepairable no matter what you might be willing to pay. Anytime the cost of repair is more than 60% of the actual value of the bag, they often deny the repair. It's worth a try, but piping and vachetta on that bag may run $200-$300. Good luck! I hope you get good news!

Well I went today to the LV Store with my Beverly to be repaired. I was glad to hear that they are able to repair it. The Canvas was in good shape, but it will cost me. Cost of repair was $385. I asked the SA if it would be worth the money to repair, she said, "Of course because its a Vintage Piece in great shape." She was even surprised. So I left it at the LV store for them to ship out for repair. I'm new to LV, but loving the LV Bags I have purchased. Thanks Ladies for your advice. I will post pics when I get my Baby back. :biggrin:

Well I went today to the LV Store with my Beverly to be repaired. I was glad to hear that they are able to repair it. The Canvas was in good shape, but it will cost me. Cost of repair was $385. I asked the SA if it would be worth the money to repair, she said, "Of course because its a Vintage Piece in great shape." She was even surprised. So I left it at the LV store for them to ship out for repair. I'm new to LV, but loving the LV Bags I have purchased. Thanks Ladies for your advice. I will post pics when I get my Baby back. :biggrin:

Make sure to post pics!! Glad they are able to do the repair. It's going to look amazing.

Yes post pics!

I was wondering what you thought about this: I am buying a speedy from 2006 with piping that was replaced in December 2012. There is a color difference between the patina handles, zipper, etc vs. the new piping. Do you think it looks off with the color difference?

$T2eC16R,!ygE9s7HJGnSBQ2IFc28fw~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16NHJGIE9nnWpUMZBQ2IFTwCZQ~~60_12.JPG

Also, can't wait to see your bag after makeover!

Yes post pics!

I was wondering what you thought about this: I am buying a speedy from 2006 with piping that was replaced in December 2012. There is a color difference between the patina handles, zipper, etc vs. the new piping. Do you think it looks off with the color difference?

Also, can't wait to see your bag after makeover!

It looks off to me. But I would just sit it by a window at let it catch up. Not worth the money to redo the whole bag. IMHO