Is it wise to buy the Bowling Mono Etoile?

Is it wise to buy the Bowling Mono Etoile?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
No problem! I'm not home right now so it won't be till later tonight for the pictures. Perhaps I'll take a modeling picture too :yes:.

It's fairly heavy, especially once you get it loaded with your stuff, but not unmanageable. It most definitely holds its shape completely! It's very structured and the shape won't budge. As you can see from the picture the bottom is pretty reinforced so that keeps it from sagging. The quilting is also quite thick and luxurious which also helps it keep its shape.
no problem. i understand the time zone difference. now, in singapore its morning! hope to see more pics soon from you! thanks. :yes:

i have the tivoli PM and the front/back cant hold up the shape. i must always adjust from time to time. :cursing: and, the tivoli PM zipper is really hurting my hands/fingers whenever i want to get something out from it. the zipper is quite sharp. :nogood:

since you mentioned "... it's a bit hard to open when you need to get something out. The opening doesn't like to stay open because of the shape so you kind of have to wrestle with it a little" therefore i'm afraid the zipper might hurt too (same as the tivoli PM). :confused1:

my sis is going paris next month and my sis in law is going to japan this month. how i wish i could ask them to buy something for me over there! sigh. but i dont feel comfortable w/o seeing or inspecting the item(s) before i commit. :confused1:

Last edited:
You can always ask them to inspect for you. If you are unhappy with the purchase, you still can exchange it at SG LV within the exchange period, right?? Correct me if I am wrong.:P
my sis is going paris next month and my sis in law is going to japan this month. how i wish i couldnt ask them to buy something for me over there! sigh. but i dont feel comfortable w/o seeing or inspecting the item(s) before i commit. :confused1:

You can always ask them to inspect for you. If you are unhappy with the purchase, you still can exchange it at SG LV within the exchange period, right?? Correct me if I am wrong.:P
morning, ismelulu! :heart:

sometimes, i afraid they wont inspect so thoroughly as ME bcos i'm a super fussy person. :rolleyes:

i dont know whether can exchange in spore a not. :shrugs:

Yes. You can do that. :yes: But when your sister claim tax at the airport, sometimes the LV receipt is taken away from her so you can't exchange in Singapore. My siggestion is to ask them to print another gift receipt. So you'll have 2 receipts- one for custom and one for yourself in case you want to do an exchange in Singapore.

my sis is going paris next month and my sis in law is going to japan this month. how i wish i could ask them to buy something for me over there! sigh. but i dont feel comfortable w/o seeing or inspecting the item(s) before i commit. :confused1:

LV in Japan is too expensive to buy unless you are gunning for one of those from Commes Des Gracon. You can only order from CDG, it will be made and sent to Singapore, so you can't inspect anything.

Curse the exchange rate! It is so bad right now... :sad:

Yes. You can do that. :yes: But when your sister claim tax at the airport, sometimes the LV receipt is taken away from her so you can't exchange in Singapore. My siggestion is to ask them to print another gift receipt. So you'll have 2 receipts- one for custom and one for yourself in case you want to do an exchange in Singapore.
wow! good :idea: chinchin!

but i doubt i will ask them to buy for me. sigh. i prefer to buy personally. feel safer. i hope i can go paris soon. i've been telling my DH that i want to go paris to visit the LV stores but i hate the long hours flight. my DH suggested if really want to go then must get a small cabin size luggage to put all my LV purchases so that wont damage the bags and i dont need to check in too; just put in the cabin. :tup:

LV in Japan is too expensive to buy unless you are gunning for one of those from Commes Des Gracon. You can only order from CDG, it will be made and sent to Singapore, so you can't inspect anything.

yup, ITA that japan LV is damn expensive. we were in japan a few months ago for a tour and we went to the LV stores in japan. after converting the currency and tax refund still expensive. :cursing:

that was the time, we saw damier NF for the 1st time in japan. you know what! i thought spore will release too so we didnt buy. i was very regret that time but luckily manage to find a shop in spore who sells it. :yes:

wow! good :idea: chinchin!

but i doubt i will ask them to buy for me. sigh. i prefer to buy personally. feel safer. i hope i can go paris soon. i've been telling my DH that i want to go paris to visit the LV stores but i hate the long hours flight. my DH suggested if really want to go then must get a small cabin size luggage to put all my LV purchases so that wont damage the bags and i dont need to check in too; just put in the cabin. :tup:

LOL... actually anywhere in Europe is cheaper than Singapore. The service in LV Paris may be a little discriminating towards Chinese cause they can't tell the difference between china chinese and other chinese. And they don't like the former and may limit the quantities you buy.

I have a friend who travels very frequently for work. He used to scout for LV stores for me. He really dislikes Paris LV (not sure which store). He is used to being served seated down, with drinks. But LV Paris is just like Ngee Ann. :sad:

I read it somewhere that shopper isn't that good to use. Either it is too big or too heavy. I can't remember the exact reason but personally, I'll go for bowling! :yes:
yup, the shopper is bigger than the bowling. i read the dimension on the website. and, its more expensive too! i told my DH that i want the bowling for my bday so i wonder he will buy a not. :confused1:

ChinChin, CDG doing international delivery??

LVBaglover, I think is better to get in Paris, which is the cheapest and you can get the 12% VAT refund.

yup, ITA that japan LV is damn expensive. we were in japan a few months ago for a tour and we went to the LV stores in japan. after converting the currency and tax refund still expensive. :cursing:

that was the time, we saw damier NF for the 1st time in japan. you know what! i thought spore will release too so we didnt buy. i was very regret that time but luckily manage to find a shop in spore who sells it. :yes:

Yes it is indeed! :sad: Sigh...