Is it weird to bring your Classic everywhere?

As someone who has reached the wizened age of 40 and experienced some unexpected losses, I beg all of you all to wear your things and not be overly precious with them. When I was younger I was way too stringent with things, even my makeup! What if what if what if. What if what happens?

Take that new bag wherever you want to, don sparkle during the day, use the fancy dishes, put on the limited edition makeup, carry the baby AND wear your pretty things. Spit up washes out.

I’m sorry your sister made you feel self-conscious. Tell her she needs to work on her self confidence and if people want to be judgmental that speaks more for them than for you. Jealousy is a really terrible thing to wear.
YES! And 40s is the best! :biggrin:

I've reached a chapter in my life where I'm learning to love myself and practicing self-care. I recently purchased a Classic with GHW, and honestly, I carry it everywhere! Target, grocery stores, malls, and dinners. My sister said she felt embarrassed because I was going everywhere with the bag when it's meant for special occasions.. I wasn't aware of this and feel a little silly now. Is it a fashion disaster or trashy to wear it in casual settings?
Simply tell her everyday is a special occasion coz you're alive and well. Isn't it good to live like everyday is a celebration of life? Just wear your bag. I wear mine to the farmer's market and I'm happy.
I used to reserve them for some events, but now that I'm in my 40s, not anymore. I bought them coz I like them and I'm going to wear them the way I like. If she has some other ways of wearing them, let her be with her bags, not yours.

It definitely took me a while to gain some confidence to go out and wear my vintage Chanel jumbo because it seemed to flashy for me. Now, though, I take it almost everywhere depending on how I'm feeling! I see a lot of people rocking their luxury handbags at dog parks, casual restaurants, grocery stores, and more. I do want to try to get my hands on a small or medium size since it would be easier to take around

• Love
Reactions: 880
I once saw someone took her black caviar jumbo to the gym and nothing wrong with that except I wouldn’t take mine there mainly because I don’t think it’s safe leaving an expensive handbag in a locker.

• Love
Reactions: 880
Not weird at all! The only places that are “off limits” for me personally are work and gym. But thats just me, I wouldn’t judge anyone else for it.

The chanel classic flap works great with casual outfits. In fact, I don’t think it’d even be suitable for “fancy special occasions”. I think a clutch would be more appropriate for that!

Haha since you love your bag so much, have you thought of getting another one?

It’s good to rotate your bags to give each bag some rest in between. This will make your bag last for decades.

Reactions: ChloeRD
I may be in the minority here but I’m with your sister on this.

I’d wear my Chanel on a high end shopping trip or gourmet grocery shopping but not for Target or the supermarket. I don’t like to ruin the bag by wearing it daily.

When I see people wearing Chanel classic flap at Target / grocery shops etc I wonder if it’s a fake since they are wearing it there. But each to their own, you do whatever you like, it is your bag at the end of the day!:yes: