Is it weird to bring your Classic everywhere?

As someone who has reached the wizened age of 40 and experienced some unexpected losses, I beg all of you all to wear your things and not be overly precious with them. When I was younger I was way too stringent with things, even my makeup! What if what if what if. What if what happens?

Take that new bag wherever you want to, don sparkle during the day, use the fancy dishes, put on the limited edition makeup, carry the baby AND wear your pretty things. Spit up washes out.

I’m sorry your sister made you feel self-conscious. Tell her she needs to work on her self confidence and if people want to be judgmental that speaks more for them than for you. Jealousy is a really terrible thing to wear.

PREACH! TOTALLY AGREE!

As someone who has reached the wizened age of 40 and experienced some unexpected losses, I beg all of you all to wear your things and not be overly precious with them. When I was younger I was way too stringent with things, even my makeup! What if what if what if. What if what happens?

Take that new bag wherever you want to, don sparkle during the day, use the fancy dishes, put on the limited edition makeup, carry the baby AND wear your pretty things. Spit up washes out.

I’m sorry your sister made you feel self-conscious. Tell her she needs to work on her self confidence and if people want to be judgmental that speaks more for them than for you. Jealousy is a really terrible thing to wear.
This! :love: Life is so precious, please enjoy your handbags.

I've reached a chapter in my life where I'm learning to love myself and practicing self-care. I recently purchased a Classic with GHW, and honestly, I carry it everywhere! Target, grocery stores, malls, and dinners. My sister said she felt embarrassed because I was going everywhere with the bag when it's meant for special occasions.. I wasn't aware of this and feel a little silly now. Is it a fashion disaster or trashy to wear it in casual settings?
I would only ever consider a Chanel CF fashion if worn in a casual setting. Supermarket is just about perfect. Enjoy :P

I've reached a chapter in my life where I'm learning to love myself and practicing self-care. I recently purchased a Classic with GHW, and honestly, I carry it everywhere! Target, grocery stores, malls, and dinners. My sister said she felt embarrassed because I was going everywhere with the bag when it's meant for special occasions.. I wasn't aware of this and feel a little silly now. Is it a fashion disaster or trashy to wear it in casual settings?
I wear mine as an everyday bag- it’s perfect so why not! Brings the cost per wear down so you feel less bad about the price in my opinion lol.

when i love and buy something from Chanel or LV or Dior, i sometimes put them on my night stand right by my side while i'm sleeping. it gives me joy and working from home, i sometimes bring a bag and put it on my table where i'm working because it gives me motivation. why wouldn't you use a bag, which is utilitarian in it's core, it is not a statue or a painting, to regular places you are going. i have only designer bags, so i shouldn't be using any bags at all when i'm in supermarket or when i'm getting my car washed...

i only own two chanel bags - a medium classic flap and a woc. i wear those bags everywhere i go because why not? they're very simple bags that match with most outfits which is why i bought them so of course i'm going to use them. i don't think about it when i'm out because at the end of the day it's just a bag. it's no different than carrying any other brand. i want to get use out of them since i spent so much money, not hide them in my closet. i wouldn't worry about your sister's opinions. those feelings are based on her own insecurities. rock your bags and enjoy them!

Classic flap quilting is menswear inspired, it’s meant to be a casual bag with a masculine vibe. The chains were designed for a woman on the go in the streets, to prevent robbery by cutting of straps.
“The chains were designed for a woman on the go in the streets, to prevent robbery by cutting of straps.” — Wow! I never thought of that! Good point! :lol: