Is it weird to bring your Classic everywhere?

Another +1 for me, Chanel, and Target. I love Target...almost as much as I love Costco. I wear my Chanel everywhere as well. These bags are expensive so you should get use out of them. With all that has gone on this past year find the small opportunities to make yourself happy and make yourself smile. If that means Chanel then go for it!
I love costco tooo!!!! Chanel definitely deserves to go to Costco as well!

Tell your sister that the people in those stores don’t give a rats ass what you carry. Does she have a limit of how much her outfit, shoes and jewelry can cost when she shops? I’d send her a screen shot of an over the top Chanel covered in sequins or crystals and tell her you bought it for your Target runs. And some super sparkly earrings too. Ask her if she thinks JLo leaves her engagement ring at home when she shops.

I’ll be honest, I rarely notice what others carry to the store lol
I don’t either IRL unless it’s a bag that I’ve been looking for :biggrin:. .But, Another TPFer did a beautiful action shot of her chanel bag (I recall a gorgoues pink) in Costco or BJ’s warehouse surrounded by pallets of toilet paper and shelves of boxed cereal,I wish I could find it and link it here.

+1 for public transport, though Im a reissue person and wear my so black mini reissue most which kind of blends with the clothes. But I really do think that YSL, RM and others are more blingy somehow.

@platanoparty, fingers crossed and I hope you get outside soon with all the chanel you want!

When DH and I started to go to restaurants (we’re both vaccinated), DH looked around and said there’s a lot of chanel in this room (so I think other people, who were tired of staying indoors, wanted to wear their nice things outside)

Last edited:
I’ll be honest, I rarely notice what others carry to the store lol

If it's a chanel or any luxury bag, I notice and it gives me so much joy! In another thread me and another tPFer talked about how we play where's Waldo but with bags lol. When I see one, I get excited.

So OP, tell your sister you are spreading joy to others too. Hahah

NEVER! :biggrin: Your sister would ban me as I carry Birkins (even) on cheap public transport. Well, I don't drive and not always taxi is an option so what can I do lol. Think special, so expensive bags are exactly meant to be always with us ;)
Darling, I hear you! I don’t drive as well and I often take bus and trains wearing my Chanel or Dior or LV purses! I don’t own a Birkin but if one day I will have one, I will definitely take it on public transports. These handbags are too beautiful and loved to stay home taking dust, let’s them enjoy their life with us :biggrin::loveeyes:

I've reached a chapter in my life where I'm learning to love myself and practicing self-care. I recently purchased a Classic with GHW, and honestly, I carry it everywhere! Target, grocery stores, malls, and dinners. My sister said she felt embarrassed because I was going everywhere with the bag when it's meant for special occasions.. I wasn't aware of this and feel a little silly now. Is it a fashion disaster or trashy to wear it in casual settings?
It’s gorgeous and that’s exactly what I do with my luxury purses. My bags are always with me for a walk, for grocery shopping, to the cinema, for shopping and for dinners (unfortunately now restaurants, shops and cinemas are closed in my country). Chanel bags are not for special occasions only, they are for daily use.

Darling, I hear you! I don’t drive as well and I often take bus and trains wearing my Chanel or Dior or LV purses! I don’t own a Birkin but if one day I will have one, I will definitely take it on public transports. These handbags are too beautiful and loved to stay home taking dust, let’s them enjoy their life with us :biggrin::loveeyes:
:biggrin:
I am hoping to get the license this year (automatic is a must in my case, brain can't coordinate thinking about bags and changing gears lol) and then the all hell will open again as I intend to get a small hybrid car like cheapest toyota and I smell people saying it's fake, she can't have a birkin and drive THIS :giggle::giggle::giggle:
(and I'm only getting the license as I am about to get a dog and want to travel with it across country and Europe lol)

No idea why your sister is so concerned with what you're wearing, that's reflecting insecurity in herself - don't let it rub off on you. Wear whatever you want whenever you want as long as you're safe. I take my reissue everywhere including grocery shopping. EFFORTLESS luxury is having the confidence to wear whatever you want whenever you want - the baguette in the Birkin kinda vibe. On the contrary is treating these material goods like they're royal jewels and only taking them out for special occasions. We won't be able to wear these things when we're 6 feet under the ground, better wear them now :P

As someone who has reached the wizened age of 40 and experienced some unexpected losses, I beg all of you all to wear your things and not be overly precious with them. When I was younger I was way too stringent with things, even my makeup! What if what if what if. What if what happens?

Take that new bag wherever you want to, don sparkle during the day, use the fancy dishes, put on the limited edition makeup, carry the baby AND wear your pretty things. Spit up washes out.

I’m sorry your sister made you feel self-conscious. Tell her she needs to work on her self confidence and if people want to be judgmental that speaks more for them than for you. Jealousy is a really terrible thing to wear.

I wear my flaps casually all the time! Trader Joe's? Yes. The mall? Yes. not reserved for special occasions at all! As long as you're not wearing a ball gown at target (but you do you) I don't see the issue :biggrin:
And to be honest, define special? Every day I am alive is an occasion. My parents would always "save things for special" and never ever end up using them. It was sad, to never enjoy the things you buy because you are always saving them for a special day. Heck no.. Work it. Use it! Live in it! Love it!