Is it weird to bring your Classic everywhere?

luckyadanosii

mar 2021
Mar 12, 2021
I've reached a chapter in my life where I'm learning to love myself and practicing self-care. I recently purchased a Classic with GHW, and honestly, I carry it everywhere! Target, grocery stores, malls, and dinners. My sister said she felt embarrassed because I was going everywhere with the bag when it's meant for special occasions.. I wasn't aware of this and feel a little silly now. Is it a fashion disaster or trashy to wear it in casual settings?

I've reached a chapter in my life where I'm learning to love myself and practicing self-care. I recently purchased a Classic with GHW, and honestly, I carry it everywhere! Target, grocery stores, malls, and dinners. My sister said she felt embarrassed because I was going everywhere with the bag when it's meant for special occasions.. I wasn't aware of this and feel a little silly now. Is it a fashion disaster or trashy to wear it in casual settings?
Absolutely not! Wear it as much as you want :biggrin: my mom sometimes makes the same kind of comment, like why an i carrying a nice bag to Whole Foods. . . I’m like, bc with covid shelter in place, where else will I wear them. Plus, wearing nice things (even with denim or with vuori joggers) makes me happy and cost per wear! Sounds like you feel similarly!
@platanoparty, I didn’t want to wait until I went outside :smile:. at the start of covid Shutdown, DH and I did shelter in place for two months. I carried my bags (chanel and Hermes) to other rooms in rhe apartment bc it made me feel more like normal.

Last edited:
I would horrify your sister. While it depends on the bag for me (leather, size), I carry my bags everywhere. I've ridden on a rollercoaster with my WOC smashed up against the seat. Life is meant to be lived. With these prices, cost per wear is important! Still, I have special bags that I reserve for more controlled environments.

I love wearing my chanel purses to target, to pick up my kids from daycare, the gas station, the park while I watch my kids play all while I'm wearing lululemon clothes. I haven't worn real clothes in a year pretty much. Lol. Well.... I do wear a nice top for my virtual visits with my patients. I can't wear it to clinic /work and restaurants were closed so couldn't wear it there. However, even before the pandemic, my favorite place to go with my luxury bag was target all by myself after the kids went to bed. Haha there's something magical about doing that. It always made me so happy. Me, chanel, And target.

Oh and wearing chanel everywhere is definitely a way I give myself self-love. Chanel just makes me feel so happy and loved.

Do it for you. Who cares what your sister says. We can easily say she's just jealous ;) haha. Congrats on treating yourself and practicing self care.

Last edited:
I love wearing my chanel purses to target, to pick up my kids from daycare, the gas station, the park while I watch my kids play all while I'm wearing lululemon clothes. I haven't worn real clothes in a year pretty much. Lol. Well.... I do wear a nice top for my virtual visits with my patients. I can't wear it to clinic /work and restaurants were closed so couldn't wear it there. However, even before the pandemic, my favorite place to go with my luxury bag was target all by myself after the kids went to bed. Haha there's something magical about doing that. It always made me so happy. Me, chanel, And target.
I feel the same way: me, Chanel, and Target.

I recently bought a medium classic in durable caviar leather (I usually go for lambskin or patent), and I’ve been treating it like an everyday bag - Target, the school run, the playground, the post office, whatever. In my community, people tend to carry nice bags, though a Chanel classic might seem a bit “extra,” at least in certain contexts. I don’t care. I’ve become a lot more aware of the passage of time lately for a variety of reasons, and I want to enjoy my life and the things - material and intrinsic- that I choose to be a part of it. Enjoy your bag. It’s meant to be used. (If it’s lambskin, though, be careful. Haha.)

I love and agree with the sentiments that @Ricks Krispies and many others here have shared. After a year as trying and frankly, traumatizing as we have collectively lived through, we are so aware (if we weren't already) that life is short. Enjoy your things while you have them and can wear them in good health. We can't take them with us in a U-haul truck to the next world when we leave this one :biggrin: I think so long as you are taking care of your bags to the extent you are comfortable with, you should enjoy them wherever you like to take them. I have not been lucky enough to leave my house comfortably yet, but hoping that by summer, I'll be able to enjoy my bags on a daily basis. The beauty of this bag (and many others) is they translate so well from casual to dressy anyways. If it makes you happy, then let yourself enjoy what little sparks of fun we can give ourselves and maybe even get that cost per wear very, very low!