Is it weird to be spurred to buy an LV bc I want to beat the price increase?

  1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So now that it seems confirmed that the price increase is happening in the US around Feb 16-18th .. I'm thinking now that I should really buy that LV bag I've been wanting!!

    I'm still contemplating whether or not it's worth it for me to put down the money for a new LV, but since there is going to be a price increase, I'm thinking I should just buy one now before it gets even more expensive?

    Or do you think a decision like this spurred by the price increase is silly and I should wait until I'm SURE that I want to spend the money on the bag first?

    Anyone else buy something a bit impulsively just because they want to beat a price increase??
  2. If it is a bag, as you have said, you have been wanting, there is nothing wrong with trying to save some $$. IMO it's only impulse if you weren't really planning to get it anyway (before hearing of the increase):smile:
  3. im in the same boat! ive been planning to sell some bags to fund a trevi but the recent price increase was making me rethink that plan. i was going to buy it now & then pay off my CC when i sell my bags. i ran the idea by my DH who declined. however he did offer to pay the difference btwn the price now & after the price increase :yahoo:

    so im back to waiting it out...
  4. Perfectly normal and depending on the item, a substantial saving ... I've done it before and saved quite a bit
  5. I am in a similar situation to. I have been planning on getting my first LV bag in May for my b-day :yahoo: but then because of the price increase thought about getting it sooner. I told my dad (who will be footing the bill) about the impending price increase.
    He said he didn't care if the price went up so I guess I won't worry about the increase anymore .:biggrin:
  6. Agreed! :yes::yes:
  7. How much of a price increase will it be for the most part?

  8. i think 4-8%, that's what i've heard.
  9. Thanks for the info
  10. If you are planning to make the purchase of s specific bag soon--in a month or two I would buy it before the increase.
  11. You should be absolutely SURE before you buy your LV because the %increase is not much compared to the total price of an LV (if you rush and later regret, think about the total price)
  12. ok so I'm horrid at math, I was going to buy the Speedy 35 next month, the site says it's $ much would the new price be?
  13. Good point made :tup:
  14. I was going to buy in march/april but now thinking of getting it before the price increase (that is if there is any price increase). The store that I buy from have the best SA and manager. I guess they know me and my DH very well. So they will give us a call if there is a price increase. But I really hope that there is no price increase.
  15. Nope. I've done it before!