is it true?

bnb913

Apr 23, 2007
that fake LVs are easier to spot than fake Chanel? i remember when there was a "trend" of fake cambon it was easy to tell because of the strange colors combo.. but other than that i can't really tell if someone is wearing a fake or not on the streets, unlike with LV i can usually spot right away (well, with the multi color ones anyway) what do you think? are there "tips" to spot fake ones? esp the flaps..

nighteyes

♥
O.G.
Apr 15, 2008
Just look at the colors, stitching, materials, shape and proportion of the bag. The fakes will never get it exactly right. :smile: Why the interest in spotting fake bags, if you don't mind me asking...? :thinking:

Another tell-tale sign is how the person wears the bag. Half the time, when I spot a fake, the person is either dressed very shabbily, carrying herself very crudely, or treating the bag very roughly (throwing/swinging it around). But I have to say, where I live, I usually see more 'inspired' Chanel bags (quilted bags with the rectangular turnlock) than counterfeits.

Last edited:

bnb913

Apr 23, 2007
well i can tell fake LV very well but not with chanel, lately my friends keep asking me if that's fake and this fake (on the streets) and i find it so difficult to know exactly.. also yesterday in my local cvs i met this obnoxious lady with such a big mouth, wearing huge diamonds and a (fake-looking, in my opinion) chanel, but i'm not sure.. and she's soo annoying, i was wishing her bag was fake and i could tell so i could shut her up somehow haha.. ok, i'm getting weird i know

OlgaMUA

Style is Eternal
May 18, 2008
Little Rhody
www.makeupandimage.com
I can usually spot a Chanel bag because of the interest I have in the brand and so I am familiar with the styles and all that.. not so much with LV unless it's just horrible.. mostly because I am not an LV fan

yoga1566

Chanel fever
O.G.
Lol, I don't know how you ladies do it! I can't believe you were able to authenticate watches from a YouTube video! As for the bag, I was wondering when Chanel started wrapping authenticity cards in plastic ;)

As far as the topic of this thread, I'm another one that can only tell when someone is carrying either 1) a style that was never made or 2) a bag that is clearly "off" in some detail. Leather, straps, logo, etc. In general, and unless a fake is obvious, I only worry about enjoying the (authentic) bags on my shoulder and not so much about what other people are carrying.

I think the tip about taking cues from how the person carries themselves and treats the bag is a good one.

chanel_luv

Dec 17, 2009
From CC Black Box to Orange Box
I thought LV was easier to spot at first since I was a big LV fan. However, ever since I purchase some Chanel bags. Now I can spot it easily if it's fake by just looking at material same concept like LV. They can have all the details same as original but you can't fake cheap material. It's so stand out.

It's funny I just went to the market today and I saw about 2 ppl wearing fake LV. It's good fake but I can tell just by looking at the material. I think it looks stiff.