Is it true that you have to be on the waiting list when you want to purchase?

Purchase what? If small leather items, scarves etc then no..should be able to buy off the shelf..if specific Birkin or Kelly then I'm not sure..but would think so if you wanted a particular colour or leather but not on list so can't confirm.

Welcome AsianMew, I too am a new member. Supposedly, there is no waiting list anymore. But birkins and Kellys are hard to come by especially if waiting for a certain color. Find a good SA and establish a relationship with them. I have one in LV, got my black Kelly and orange Birkin from her and one in SF, got my vert bangele birkin from him. Both are great. They know what's on my wishlist and will call me when things come in or they also call when something special comes and they think I might be interested. But again, in this economy the waitlist of the 80's and 90's are in the past.

When you go from store to store, and ask for a Birkin, your experiences will tell you if there is still a waiting list. Those who say that they can walk into their stores to get a Birkin just a walk-in, ask them for the store name, and you go there and buy it yourself. :angel: