Is it true LV cannot repair canvas

kaka28

O.G.
May 21, 2006
I noticed a small crack on my ebene speedy o. I have searched on this forum and it seems some people have experienced cracked canvas. What i want to know is will LV repair it or is there nothing they can do. I am thinking of using superglue to fix the problem. Do you think is a good idea??

Attachments

• image-2640824687.jpg
    image-2640824687.jpg
    662.9 KB · Views: 17,332
I would take it to the store and ask, if they won't repair it yes I would consider a drop of crazy glue to seal the crack and hope it doesn't grow. I have never done this to mine, please wait for other members to offer alternate solutions.

Ouch! I cant imagine how canvas can be repaired. Ive also heard that they dont eccept damaged canvas to be repaired. It's still worth to take that into a louis vuitton store and hear what they have to say, hopefully they can replace the bag if it isn't too old. Good luck!

I would not use crazy glue because it doesn't move and is very inflexible once dried and hardened! Go to a crafts store or a fabric store and look for a glue specifically meant to be used on fabrics. Those glues are designed to move with the fabric while still adhering to it. But let's hope that LV will take it back and exchange...

Reactions: hollyld
The bagis about 5 years old and i am very careful with my bags so i really do not know why this had happened. To be more specific the crack is at the edge of where the internal pocket is sewn in. When i put stuff inside the pocket it causes weight and it bends the canvas at the same time and this is the only reason i can think of why the crack has happened. Is not like that part if the bag gets bend in any other ways.

They won't repair it. I'd personally sell it for a loss and use the money towards getting a new one. I don't put anything in my interior pockets, accept my cellphone from time to time. Now I'll be sure to keep it empty!

Reactions: chantitan
That's an unusual crack. I wonder how that happened. The zipper & the stitchings are still in place. I wonder if LV would fix it because usually they won't fix anything if the canvas has a tear, hole, crack, etc. But I would recommend you take it to LV & ask anyways. It doesn't hurt to ask. You can also sell the bag & use the money towards another LV purchase. Good luck!

I rang customer service and the lady said take the bag to a store and a discussion can be made about repair. I told her that i am very surprise of the crack because lv is famous for their canvas and leather goods. I will take it in and see what they have to say.

I rang customer service and the lady said take the bag to a store and a discussion can be made about repair. I told her that i am very surprise of the crack because lv is famous for their canvas and leather goods. I will take it in and see what they have to say.

Good luck! Such a weird little crack....obviously nothing you did IMO. I hope they are accommodating :smile: