Is it too soon to use CHANEL?

Totally disagree with your friends - they couldn't be more off the mark! Chanels are classic and timeless and chic - qualities in bags that a woman would want at any age!!!

I say you show 'em how wrong they are by sporting a gorgeous Chanel bag the next time you see them...LOL!

Hopefully one day your friends will come to their senses and wish they had some classy Chanel pieces!! I am 24 and love carrying my Chanels...I think they look so elegant and they make me feel fabulous!

27 is definitely not too young for Chanel. One SA told me, that anyone can own a Chanel but it takes a person with style to carry it! So you go girl and show them how you rock!

that's silly and uneducated IMO.

Show them some pics of the early 20-somethings in Hollywood, like Avril Lavigne, Mischa BArton, Rachel Bilson, Paris, etc . . .

Some people think Chanel only = Classic Flaps.

I agree! People automatically think of the classic flaps when they think Chanel. Chanel is much more than just those! :yes:

I think its all about style and the way you feel carrying your Chanel. :shame: If you feel like you are too young/old/etc for the bag, then it will never look good on you. :yes: Carry them with style and pride! :love:

chanel is timeless, and they do make bags that will work for a huge age range. there are so many styles which range from fun and trendy to mature and sophisticated. something for everyone!
it is very outdated to think they only make classic flaps that can be worn only by "ladies who lunch" or those over age 50!

chanel is timeless, and they do make bags that will work for a huge age range. there are so many styles which range from fun and trendy to mature and sophisticated. something for everyone!
it is very outdated to think they only make classic flaps that can be worn only by "ladies who lunch" or those over age 50!

I agree - I do think that Chanel did have more of an older lady imagine at one time but not since Celebs started carrying them (has it been in the last 3 - 5 years even more?) and they have had a resurgence as a classic. I see them being carried by women in all ages. Chanel as well as others are trying to appeal to a younger generation, especially with their new collections - they have always been admired and I think in the future will even more so . . . Chanel will always be a classic. Any of the classic bags are ageless. You really cannot go wrong.

that's silly and uneducated IMO.

Show them some pics of the early 20-somethings in Hollywood, like Avril Lavigne, Mischa BArton, Rachel Bilson, Paris, etc . . .

Some people think Chanel only = Classic Flaps.

This is exactly what I think! :yes:
Well I think, those hollywood-girls gave chanel a "new spirit". It depends on how you combine a classic bag....it doesn't have to look grandma-like...

And I was worried that my new Chanel Cabas looked too young for me!! (I'm in my 40s.) No you are definitely not too young--just look at the model--she is Johnny Depp's girlfriend and in her 20s I think. Enjoy it--you will look fresh, classic and sophisticated!