Is it too much shopping????

alisanolan

O.G.
Jul 16, 2007
I'm trying to decide if I want to make the long 2+ hour drive (one way) to the Coach outlet tomorrow. They are supposed to be having a pretty big sale. But, I think it's pretty hit and miss if I find anything that I actually need- ok want. Plus I should be getting my PCE card tomorrow that I bought off of *bay for $1.99! That will mean another hour drive to the mall to use it by Monday. Do you think the deals at the oulet will be great enough to warrant the drive? Or just hold out for using my PCE?

oopsididitagain

»â”€â”€â™¥â”€â”€>
O.G.
Feb 5, 2008
Outlets have some nice ergos, mostly pebbled ones and small bleecker leather bags. Some signature stripe bags, new signature stripe wristlets and swingpacks to look at, that new patchwork stuff is everywhere also. Lots of pink bags in either leather or fabric but those are starting to get gone. Light blue fabric sohos. Very few legacy pieces unless you happen to have an outlet that carries more of the higher-end bags. Lots of cute keyfobs. The sun, turtle, parrot, pink flowers, light blue flowers, white flower trimmed in yellow with a red ladybug, maybe a few monkeys left. That's my mental list of what's at the outlets.

Calling them first is a good idea.

alisanolan

O.G.
Jul 16, 2007
Well, I called them earlier today. They said they had done lots of markdowns- lots of stuff 20-40% off. Some leather stuff 50% off. She also said they had lots of patchwork in denim and something with animal print? I was also checking to see if they still had the Legacy Signature Satchel in black (10341). It has been there the last two times and I couldn't bring myself to buy it. I was hoping they would be on sale even more this weekend, but they don't have them anymore.:sad: I hate to make the long drive for nothing, but I've seen lots of cute stuff on *bay lately and know that most of it has probably come from the outlet. Oh, the dilemma.....

Apr 25, 2007
2 hours one way isn't that bad.. I went to the outlet 3.5 hours one way... 3 times in a couple months... if you think you would want to buy something there then go for it.. I liked my outlet trips.. they were fun.

theFlip#2

new with tags
O.G.
Jun 21, 2007
Since you've called to check but still think that you might miss out on something, travel with a friend to make the time go by. Have lunch, and make a day of it. Be sure to put some money aside to use your PCE in the Boutique.

If you do go, enjoy your trip and I hope you find something to make the trip worthwhile...

oopsididitagain

»â”€â”€â™¥â”€â”€>
O.G.
Feb 5, 2008
Well, I called them earlier today. They said they had done lots of markdowns- lots of stuff 20-40% off. Some leather stuff 50% off. She also said they had lots of patchwork in denim and something with animal print? I was also checking to see if they still had the Legacy Signature Satchel in black (10341). It has been there the last two times and I couldn't bring myself to buy it. I was hoping they would be on sale even more this weekend, but they don't have them anymore.:sad: I hate to make the long drive for nothing, but I've seen lots of cute stuff on *bay lately and know that most of it has probably come from the outlet. Oh, the dilemma.....

Did these markdowns begin today? Because I bought a leather gigi today and now I'm wondering if it will go on sale tomorrow! :sad:

alisanolan

O.G.
Jul 16, 2007
I actually called on Wednesday evening and they were doing markdowns right then. They said that the sale was starting today, Thursday. She also said that they would be open until 9 p.m. on Sunday (not their regular hours). I go to the outlet in Osage Beach, MO. I just figured there would be a better selection if I went on Friday, before all the crowds hit!

Did these markdowns begin today? Because I bought a leather gigi today and now I'm wondering if it will go on sale tomorrow! :sad:

Aug 27, 2007
I have driven what seemed like from one end of the world to the other in one day just to hit 2 COACH outlets. I think that it is fun. It is the "thrill of the hunt". Like others have mentioned, if there are other stores that are fun to shop at too and you make a day of it, it sounds good to me!!!

jen6292

Feb 4, 2008
I have driven 3 hours to the Coach outlet, just to go. There is always other stores that you can look at while your there right? Although when I go to the outlet that is the first, only place I wanna go. I am forced into the others, LOL;)

oriolesfan22

Loving Coach and LV
O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
I was at my outlet yesterday and there were just a few things, I believe they were all marked down in red, with another 30% off. Many other items along the walls were 20% off. I didn't really think it was a great sale....

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
I have traveled 2 hrs to hit an outlet, but then I've driven longer to hit 3 in one day too :smile: I keep asking others if they want to do a big road trip, but still no takers!

Me too! I usually try to do this at least once every month or month and half. I drive two hours to get to the first outlet, and try to make all three that are close in one day. It's SOOO much fun!!:tup: