Is it too early to open an INR case?

GirlieShoppe

Formerly HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
Hi everyone,

On Aug. 15 I bought an inexpensive item via BIN on eBay and paid immediately. The seller marked it shipped on the 18th but according to the tracking, it wasn't dropped off for shipping until the 20th. According to the tracking the item is still sitting at a P.O. near the seller. I checked this seller's feedback and they have a somewhat of a history of slow shipping and items not reaching their buyers. Since this seller has almost 60,000 feedback I decided to chance it because it was a very inexpensive item. I'm not out a lot of money, but I still want this item. Should I wait a while longer or go ahead and file a claim?

Thanks so much!

Hi everyone,

On Aug. 15 I bought an inexpensive item via BIN on eBay and paid immediately. The seller marked it shipped on the 18th but according to the tracking, it wasn't dropped off for shipping until the 20th. According to the tracking the item is still sitting at a P.O. near the seller. I checked this seller's feedback and they have a somewhat of a history of slow shipping and items not reaching their buyers. Since this seller has almost 60,000 feedback I decided to chance it because it was a very inexpensive item. I'm not out a lot of money, but I still want this item. Should I wait a while longer or go ahead and file a claim?

Thanks so much!

How far is the item traveling? Cross country for example? Today is the
26th so depending how far the item is traveling & since the seller only shipped
it on the 20th, I'd be a little more patient.

I'd wait until after the holiday weekend & check tracking again to find
if it is still at the po. I'd also contact the seller to let them know the package
hasn't been received.

If you don't hear back & 2 weeks seems a reasonable time to wait for
a package to arrive, then I would file an INR

I think it might be worth contacting your seller before opening a case. If the tracking shows that your item is at the PO, then it is the PO who is likely slowing things down. If you contact your seller before opening a case, she might be more willing to work with you and perhaps go to her local PO and inquire.

I've had items dropped off at the post office and not scanned in until it is at the destination post office. Other times, the post office does not scan the package at every junction.

With that said, I'd definitely message the seller if it has not arrived in 2 weeks.

If you are checking tracking through ebay -they are slow! I sometimes get a more updated status if I check via the USPS site. Not sure why but they often do not show the same status.

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback! The item arrived yesterday. The packaging was a bit damaged when I got it so I'm assuming that's what caused the bulk of the delay. Thankfully my item was unharmed.