Is it too big on me?

Hi, everyone. You are all so kind. This bag certainly looked less gigantic on me in the picture as it is in real, but it's not like I'm shouldering a travel suit bag either. I had my usual stuff, a water bottle, a pair of gloves, and a pretty large wool shawl in it yesterday in the city. I'm afraid I'll be abusing this bag a lot since I can basically throw everything in it. I can't wait it gets smooshy and slouchy.

The snow stopped around 9's a.m. yesterday morning, so I decided be brave and carried this new bag as planned. I sprayed it inside and out. Arrived in the city 5th Ave. just about noon. I decided to go to BV's next door Takashimaya [Japanese department store] first [too sheepish to go to BV when it's 0 visitors]. I always would visit its home section for Japanese pottery [all handmade plate, bowl, tea cups, and iron teapot]. I collect ceramic tea pots, tea cups [designed for green tea].
OK, about 12:30 p.m. I left Takashimaya and headed to BV. There's a 2-floor tall wall of handbag display. Enough to impress you [ lift your head and salute :yes: ]. I asked for 'tea' [I was very curious when I first heard the 'tea']. So, it's a RED tea [ we had pictures posted in the ss09 thread?]. And there's the Tea Sloane. I'll like it more when its beauty is fully developed [has its own patina] when aged [like me, lol :shame:]. The other colors that caught my eyes are the very dark shimmering steel gray [the name is a mineral, I think. ] and a soft green [cabat]. She [SA] said that green only came in cabat and men's wallet [why ???] ! I do find a pair of eyeglasses that I tried on and loved and need it as a reading glasses. She said it's new [3 weeks in the store]. So this will be on my wishlist. It's very very hard to find eyeglasses [sun or not] that sit perfectly on my nose bridge and fit my big face frame well. There was another customer [an italian lady tourist talking in italian] trying among classic m. veneta, pyramid, and capana. The first floor is collections of ss09 and cruise in handbags, accessories, shoes, and home. dd wanted to go for lunch [she had been good staying 40 minutes in this store] so we left.

The show I watched is 'Soul of Shaolin' [directed from 2008 Beijing Olympics; Shaolin Kung Fu is a martial art ]. WOW and more WOW. It's real in front of my eyes. more detail found in http://www.soulofshaolin.com/index.html.

After the show it started light snowing. Did I carry a grocery bag to cover my new BV? No, forgot. Panic? Nay... We picked up our car and went straight back to NJ Misuwa. More snow, and I just pat it dry with my hands. I'm OK :okay:.

annelovepuggy, thanks for the report! Sounds like you had a fun time there. I got a bit sick yesterday and missed the Chinatown, blimey.

I always drop by Takashimaya, too. I love their florist.
"Mineral" sounds lovely, which bag(s)/accessories did they have in this colour? Did we have pics somewhere? And the other green, so it's different from "absinth" if it's only in cabat and men's items? I love BV's men's colours so much, and always wish they make them for women's... Oh, did you go upstaris?
absinth sloane - $2520.jpg~absinth pic courtesy of doloresmia in the thread here~

"Soul of Shaolin" looks fantastic! My DS may like that, thanks for the info.:tup:

I remember you prefer shopping alone, but I hope we get together sometime, either at Mitsuwa or BV.;)

Mid - Indoor, the green [cabat] seems lighter and some variations in hues. I wish I had taken some pictures ... So I'm not sure if it's the same as 'absinth' but very close. I would love to have the absinth sloane [but I'm banned!].
I love Taka' florist, too. [The designer was from BG; not sure Taka still has her.] But I saw none yesterday!
Yes, we should meet sometime when the snow is gone. It was freezing [the wind] in the city! I love Tokyo [probably the cleanest city in the world], but I love NYC as well if not more.