Is it tacky?

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I used to see a ton of people sporting the gaucho dress pant with a tall high heel boot all the time. I still see it occasionally however, I have never sported the look myself. Was this ever acceptable in fashion? Is it still?

Oh geez. This is just my opinion, but I really am not a favor of gauchos unless worn as yoga pants or around the house! I dont think they are tacky, but it is definitely not the best look out there.

I used to see a ton of people sporting the gaucho dress pant with a tall high heel boot all the time. I still see it occasionally however, I have never sported the look myself. Was this ever acceptable in fashion? Is it still?

Yeah, i remember that look. It was cute, but I think it's a past season look now.

I think that the gaucho dress pant with a tall high heel boot was a hot look, but I think that it's a look that only some people can pull off. The best bet would be to pair gauchos with a cute pair of ballet flats.

As usual, I'm the odd girl out. I adore gauchos, always have since they came into style 2-3 years ago, and I think they look hot with tall boots. They have to be nice gauchos (wool and NOT high-waisted) and nice boots.

Yoga pants are one thing, but those cheap gauchos made of cotton t-shirt material that the teeny-boppers wear should all disappear, IMO.