Is it stupid to BIN?

dagnypup

O.G.
Feb 3, 2010
What do you think about this?

If I found something that was exactly what I was looking for on ebay and had two choices:

1. stick with the 7-day auction and possibly get it at a cheaper price (or at at price that is what it usually goes for -- typically around $500-600)

2. Go ahead and do the BIN because somebody else might snatch it up in a BIN and then I won't get able to get it (BIN price $800).

This isn't something that NEVER comes around, but it just doesn't often come around in the exact specifications that I am looking for and in a good/used condition. I have seen similar items in excellent condition (or never been used) going for around $750 -- but I know that it all depends on the trend of the moment and supply/demand.

Any thoughts?
Dagny

Dear Dagnypup, if i were you, the amount of money is what i can afford comfortably and i am definitely happy with the condition of the product, i will get it straight away without having to worry that someone might snap it before me.

However, if i have any doubts (even a tiny little doubt) then i will decide to place a bid. HTH