Is it stupid to BIN?

dagnypup

Feb 3, 2010
What do you think about this?

If I found something that was exactly what I was looking for on ebay and had two choices:

1. stick with the 7-day auction and possibly get it at a cheaper price (or at at price that is what it usually goes for -- typically around $500-600)

2. Go ahead and do the BIN because somebody else might snatch it up in a BIN and then I won't get able to get it (BIN price $800).

This isn't something that NEVER comes around, but it just doesn't often come around in the exact specifications that I am looking for and in a good/used condition. I have seen similar items in excellent condition (or never been used) going for around $750 -- but I know that it all depends on the trend of the moment and supply/demand.

Any thoughts?
Dagny

suying

O.G.
Jul 20, 2006
Dear Dagnypup, if i were you, the amount of money is what i can afford comfortably and i am definitely happy with the condition of the product, i will get it straight away without having to worry that someone might snap it before me.

However, if i have any doubts (even a tiny little doubt) then i will decide to place a bid. HTH

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
I tend to BIN I find easier and usually pretty much a number that the auction will reach !!!

dagnypup

Feb 3, 2010
Thank you all so much! I went ahead and did it and now I don't have to keep checking ebay for this item day in and day out like a mad woman! :giggles:

Aug 31, 2009
Thank you all so much! I went ahead and did it and now I don't have to keep checking ebay for this item day in and day out like a mad woman! :giggles:
congratulations! can't wait to see your special reveal :yahoo: i definitely can relate to feeling like i can relax and not stalk ebay anymore lol!!

MaggyH

Hermes fever
Mar 1, 2011
EU
Congratulations! Please show us when you received it!
I normally ask the seller whether he'd accept a lower BIN price first.

lilith1

Mar 7, 2011
East Coast
So glad you went with the BIN. If you didn't it would have been one of those things that you'd regret forever. Congratulations and give us a reveal!

dagnypup

Feb 3, 2010
thank you all very much. I am very excited to receive my new purchase .... and I hope to make my reveals(s!) very soon!! :graucho:

Cheers!
Dagny