Is it strange??

1hautemama

Feb 7, 2009
I ran into a lady with a very beautiful 25cm birkin in a "camel-ish" color. I complimented her on it and she complimented me on mine. I then asked her what color it was.....and she didn't know. huh??? She was really stumped. That confused the hell out of me. Is that strange to not remember the color of your bag? It looked fairly new. Even of you have dozens of birkins, how could you forget the colors???

maybe she bought it 'off-the-shelf' coz she liked how the colour looks, but never care to find out the official name of the colour? the detailed specs of H can sometimes be so overwhelming!

my mom is the perfect example in this case, she buys what catches her eyes on display or what the SA brings out according to her likings... sometimes I will try to educate her over the details, but she would find it too overwhelming even tho she tried her best to learn about them.

Last edited:
I think I would remember the color of my bag - birkin or otherwise. But I have to admit, I had to write down the scarf names AND colors - I would never remember those!

Even if I got it off of *Bay or somewhere and they stated brown or blue or red without the actual name, I would post in here to get a definite answer on what color. If she doesn't have access to the wealth of knowledge in here, I guess I can see her not knowing. But to be surprised at the question is another matter.

my HAC is on the way and i still have to figure out how to say "Jaune" correctly. lol

is it "jawn" or "zhawn"? or something else? :amuse:

The way you sound the "G" in GaaGaa Gabor 's name is the sound of the J part in "Jaune" and it sounds like the name Jone in english but less "OH " sound...Hope that makes sense:P
I know many ladies who have know idea what color their bag are in H terms...when I say "gold" they don't get it even if they are carrying a gold bag, lol. I have asked before and some have no clue, they just loved the color.

not strange at all, what we care is not necessarily other's

I can't differentiate between the Mets and Knicks (they sound more like metadhon and knickers to me:P:P:P

The way you sound the "G" in GaaGaa Gabor 's name is the sound of the J part in "Jaune" and it sounds like the name Jone in english but less "OH " sound...Hope that makes sense:P
I know many ladies who have know idea what color their bag are in H terms...when I say "gold" they don't get it even if they are carrying a gold bag, lol. I have asked before and some have no clue, they just loved the color.

I totally get it! Thanks!

Not strange at all. Reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend, who told me she bought a red kelly from Paris, and when I asked her to describe what red it was, and she was exasperated and just said "Red is red!" :Push: