Is it still worth paying full retail for a Giant 21 GGH?

namie

O.G.
Sep 27, 2007
I have been wanting a part-time with giant hardware. I know they may still be around somewhere. Would anyone still pay full retail for it? Someone advised me not to get these motorcycle range of bags anymore since their designer is now A Wang and I should buy his creation instead.

I have been wanting a part-time with giant hardware. I know they may still be around somewhere. Would anyone still pay full retail for it? Someone advised me not to get these motorcycle range of bags anymore since their designer is now A Wang and I should buy his creation instead.
same here, I want it too so bad
I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay full retail though

Huh? .. who said that???? Wait .. let me guess, one of the Balenciaga Sales Associates? It has been my experience that they have been trying very hard to hawk his (A.Wang's) bags .. especially that disaster "Le Dix" (which is so off the mark re: the original "Le Dix"). Those bags are not selling very well, hence the reason why I say this (I have friends that work high-end retail and they have all told me that those bags are just sitting on the shelves).

First of all, buy WHAT YOU WANT .. and don't let others talk you into buying something that you will likely not be happy with.

Secondly, the cost of a G21 bag .. always depends on the following:

1. rarity of the color (certain colors sold out IMMEDIATELY)
  2. the leather (if chevre and one of the 'primo' years .. e.g., 2007 or 2008), yup .. will cost you more
  3. condition of the bag (is it mint/never used)?
  4. does it have all the extras? (e.g., all cards, dust bag)
  5. does it have any of the "oldie" extras (feet on the bottom, pocket on back of the mirror?)
All of the above factor into the cost, but remember .. the cost of the G21 Part-Time in 2007/2008 .. was around $1695 (it then went up to $1795 and then $1895).

Also, certain hardware was done and then discontinued .. Gold Giant HW was done for a few years and then Balenciaga switched to Rose Gold HW. Bottom line, best to do your research (the Reference finds have a plethora of info to assist you in this) before YOU decide on the best cost for YOU!!

Good luck!

^^Great advice. I'm laughing at the friend of original poster giving the advice of not buying a bag because the designer has changed. Sure they raised to price trying to phase it out or make it less appealing or to try and sell his "creations", but who cares. Classic bbags are and will always be classic. As CeeJay says: buy what you LIKE!

Years ago I stopped paying kings ransom for b-bags. I just didn't feel happy when I paid 2x what a bag was worth. In the end if I was patient and just looked I found pretty much every bag I was looking for below it's original price (sometimes WAY below). You just have to love the chase. Of course if money is no object and you find the perfect something - then only you know if it's worth it or not!

Thanks. I am really keen on getting a PT in giant 21. Now considering between a black GSH or an anthracite GGH.

I share the same thoughts on A Wang's collection. His collection of Bal bags is on sale but the motorcycle range are not. That explains a lot.

Thanks. I am really keen on getting a PT in giant 21. Now considering between a black GSH or an anthracite GGH.

I share the same thoughts on A Wang's collection. His collection of Bal bags is on sale but the motorcycle range are not. That explains a lot.

Nail on head!

GL with your bag search! :smile:

You mean they dont come out with giant 21 bags at all anymore?
I thought i saw on today