Is it still worth getting the Neverfull in 2020?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. As a broke college student years ago I always admired the neverfull. Now that I can afford it, I’m thinking of getting it as my first designer bag.

But after much research via youtube and this forum, now I’m not too sure. Is it still worth getting the neverfull in 2020, knowing that its overdone and basically everyone has one? I liked it because totes are versatile, and I like the pattern and red lining... (my second choice is either artois, anjou or st louis, but I’m not a fan of the shiny surface of goyardine canvas)

Sidenote, has anyone seen the School of Affluence video on bags that are not classy? Two of bags I’m after are in the list so now I’m not too sure haha :’)

DrTr likes this.
  2. I started my LV collection (read: addiction) just last year. I purchased NF in DE, and then within just a few short months added Favorite PM and Speedy B (and a few other smaller items). The NF was always my dream bag, and while I don’t use it everyday, I love that it’s finally mine and have no regrets about purchasing it. I definitely get what you’re saying about everyone having it, but to me that just goes to show the timelessness of the bag. Happy shopping! Make sure to post lots of pics. ;)

3. Yes.

4. and yes

5. i don’t see why not ? the neverfull has been popular for years now. It’s just as oversaturated as it was 5 years ago. Also, I don’t personally care what others think about what’s “classy or not” if i like it, i’ll buy it.

6. I don't understand why people make it sound like it's a bad thing when the bag is popular? At the same time, when the styles are less desirable to the general population also don't mean that they're more unique. Get what your heart desire and what looks good on you.

7. A mass produced item, even an expensive one, is not going to be exclusive. If that matters to you find something else.

Many items are popular because they’re useful. I love my NFs and carry them a lot. They’re durable, lightweight and well made. While expensive, they’re below my price threshhold.

If I like something I carry it. If you want yours to be different, consider getting a Mon Mono version.

OCMomof3, kkfiregirl, DrTr and 7 others like this.
  8. If you still love it, want one and it would still be useful, why not?

Yes it’s overdone and yes many people own this bag but I think that is a reflection of how many people love this bag.

If you want a bag for its exclusivity then no, it’s not worth it.

Quite often I find exclusivity and practicality do not really overlap.

9. No, the price now is unjustified

10. I have the NF GM in Mono and DE, and I love them! Great for every day, and perfect for me when traveling. On another note, I buy a bag because I love it, I personally don’t care that others have the same bag. I just can’t understand those who care that others have the same bag!!!! Smh :hrmm: I agree with @Pagan, it’s a massed produced item, as are most bags!!!

NZMousee, MahoganyQT, DrTr and 2 others like this.
  11. Stop worrying about what other people think and buy what you like and what works for your lifestyle. There is a reason why the Neverfull is so popular and why many women love it. Is it a bag that a lot of people own? Yes. Do we see it often on the street? Yes. And so what?
    Don't let some randos on the internet tell what's classy and what's not.

(I also agree with you that the Goyardine is too shiny for my taste.)

12. Was it ever justified? :rolleyes:

kkfiregirl, DrTr, ncabahug and 13 others like this.
  13. You should buy something because you like it or it makes you happy or both. Don't mind what other people say. You will be the one using it and not them anyway.

MahoganyQT, DrTr, CPA and 2 others like this.
  14. I think if carrying a certain bag can cause one to “lose” their class or elegance, they never had much of it to begin with.

15. I think it's a bag worth having in a collection. I don't use my Neverfull everyday, but I do like that I have it when I need it. I would not sell it. Nor do I regret buying it either.

I believe that the Monogram and Damier Ebene versions both have a classic look that is not dated in my opinion.

cheidel likes this.