Is it still possible to find a Praline RH City in-stores?

lovebeibei

May 3, 2008
Hi Bal ladies!

I apologize in advance if this is a silly question. Bal newbie here looking to purchase my first bbag. I want the city in praline RH, but was under the impression that it is not a combo that is currently able to be purchased since the praline city isn't available with RH on bal.com (or that i'd have to wait until FW11?). However, I went into the store yesterday and was told by an SA that a few stores still had the praline city with RH, and that it could be shipped to me.

I just wanted to check with you guys that the praline RH city is still available in stores. It's just that the SA did not seem very knowledgeable about bal... I just don't want this to be a mistake, since I'd be buying sight unseen.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Bal world!
Praline is 2011 S/S collection color. And the SA said some stores have it. So, I think it is high possibility for you to find it. If you are talking about US Bal boutiques, it easy for them to locate a bag and transfer it to the boutique where you visited or shipped it to you directly. If you are talking about authorized retailers, it depends on their systems. But it seems department stores which carry Bal, can check its availability in their other stores and transfer it to a store near you easily, too.

I hope you will find it and enjoy it soon.:smile:

Welcome to the Bal world!
Praline is 2011 S/S collection color. And the SA said some stores have it. So, I think it is high possibility for you to find it. If you are talking about US Bal boutiques, it easy for them to locate a bag and transfer it to the boutique where you visited or shipped it to you directly. If you are talking about authorized retailers, it depends on their systems. But it seems department stores which carry Bal, can check its availability in their other stores and transfer it to a store near you easily, too.

I hope you will find it and enjoy it soon.:smile:

Thanks so much for your response! It was very helpful=) Since this bag is SS11, is there any reason why bal.com doesn't carry it?

I was in the Las Vegas Balenciaga (inside Aria) and they had the praline in rosegold hardware. VERY PRETTY!

I think I may have seen this combo on a part time. very pretty, indeed! but i want the tassels that come with RH:biggrin:

Thanks so much for your response! It was very helpful=) Since this bag is SS11, is there any reason why bal.com doesn't carry it?

It's like one boutique has a stock, but the other boutique doesn't. Bal.com might already have it and it has gone. Or they might not recieve it yet and will receive it soon. You can contact Bal.com about it.

When I saw a coin purse that I was looking for on Bal.com before, I contacted my Bal NY SA about it. They didn't have it there. And she said Bal.com is a different venue for them. So, they can't transfer it from Bal.com to Bal NY like transfering from other US Bal stores. Sometime Bal.com has what actual Bal stores don't have. And vice versa.

It is not actually in stock at Barney's NY. I tried to purchase this last week and my SA held one for me. When I went to pick it up, it turned out to be a part time in prailine with the RGH hardware. I asked if we could order it online and she said that Barney's pulls stock from the store when you order online so if something is sold out in the store, your order will get cancelled.

Bergdorf Goodman has the plain prailine city (which is what I ended up purchasing) but no RGH right now.

It is not actually in stock at Barney's NY. I tried to purchase this last week and my SA held one for me. When I went to pick it up, it turned out to be a part time in prailine with the RGH hardware. I asked if we could order it online and she said that Barney's pulls stock from the store when you order online so if something is sold out in the store, your order will get cancelled.

Bergdorf Goodman has the plain prailine city (which is what I ended up purchasing) but no RGH right now.

Sorry - I think I misunderstood your original post. Did you mean regular hardware? The regular hardware prailine city was in stock at bergdorf goodman as of just before memorial day, and they definitely had more than 1 in stock - they took a new one from the back for me and left one in the display case. The rose gold hardware seems to be out of stock at most places. Barneys (as of the week before memorial day) did not have ANY prailine cities in stock - just the rose gold hardware part time.