Is it silly to have a Blue Jean Kelly but to get a Blue Jean Birkin?

heartbirks--No. :smile: As long as it makes you happy.

I know, I had the habit of buying "everything" in
black, so now I try to buy shades in the tan family,
and then mix it up now and again with a fashion
color. Of course, none of them being Hermes
related at the moment. :sad:

You could go for a different shade of
blue, if that is your favorite color.

I personally feel it's better to get some variety :smile: Like what Queenie said, Hermes has tons of various colors and leathers to choose from. Style's sharing is wonderful. I would branch out with different colors when starting my collection - but there will be bags that I will get in duplicate colors - ie: Black :biggrin:

heartbirks - don't feel badly. Just start using your BJ Kelly and enjoy it!

Some of the responses you received were focusing more on whether it's worthwhile to have several styles in one color: with something like black or gold, it's a different answer. You can always argue that one is dressier, one is casual, etc.

But with the BJ's you were asking about, both of these are a more casual bag and would probably be used in a very similar way. My answer was based on these 2 specific bags and I think you'd regret having them both eventually. As far as buying one to sell another - well if you'd already done it, you'd have no choice. But it's never a great idea to intentionally do that unless you don't mind losing money, since it's very difficult to get back what you paid originally, assuming you paid retail.

Now break out that Kelly and have fun.:yes:

how elegant, allabout nice:heart:
angie
Heartbirks, I have a gold Kelly, a gold Picotin and I'm hoping and waiting for a gold Birkin. It's my favourite colour but the three bags will all be in different leathers, my Kelly is vache liegee leather and my Picotin is clemence, gold in these leathers look like a different colour - is it the same for blue jean? Either way, BJ is your favourite then go for it. By the way, I also have a Bolide in noisette, it is the most beautiful colour, she's new so I'm happy to have a chance to show her off again, LOL:

I've also added a pic of my Picotin and Kelly to show you how gold varies between the leathers - it's MY excuse for buying the same ol' colour everytime:

Gone? You sold it already?

i took this to mean the birkin is gone. but it's still an interesting question. it might seem inconsistent, but i can see owning multiple bags in black but not in a color like bj, even if you consider it a neutral. i predict that if you had both a kelly and birkin in bj, you would end up using one of them more (or to the exclusion of) the other.

Okay, so move on and use your Kelly and see how much you love the color. If you really love the color but feel like the Kelly doesn't work, then pass the Kelly along and you will find another BJ Birkin and know that it is the right bag for you.