Is it silly to get rid of one speedy to buy another?

Oh gosh, so sorry to hear about that....
too bad you didn't have LV do the repair, but now the damage is done, if I were you, I would definitely get rid of it, on ebay or thru a consignment shop...especially if it is in order to get another LV. If its a sentimental item to you, that's probably a different story, but hopefully you are able to finally get the bag you really want!

this is exactly what i think too.

I have to say that I agree with risingsun. You can't sell a bag that is damaged, unless you FULLY disclose it! That isn't fair and I would be PISSED if someone did that to me, knowing about the damage and that LV won't touch it!

Goodness, I'd never sell my bag on eBay without full disclosure about the zipper. I'm a firm believer in karma in that what goes around, comes around. Problem is that eBay can be a pain to deal with from non paying bidders to having an auction end below the reserve price to Paypal disputes. I'm going to check into consigning it this week (I have no experience with consignment) and if I have to, I'll eBay it. I fear eBay might be a bad idea since I'm not a My Poupette seller with a zillion feedback.

yeah, you'll have to disclose any flaw if you sell it on ebay... thats what i did, and the price i sold mine wasnt great...at least to me it was worth more than it was sold, but i guess thats what fair... so if you end up selling it on ebay, keep in mind that the price would be lower than what you expect.

Goodness, I'd never sell my bag on eBay without full disclosure about the zipper. I'm a firm believer in karma in that what goes around, comes around. Problem is that eBay can be a pain to deal with from non paying bidders to having an auction end below the reserve price to Paypal disputes. I'm going to check into consigning it this week (I have no experience with consignment) and if I have to, I'll eBay it. I fear eBay might be a bad idea since I'm not a My Poupette seller with a zillion feedback.

Personally, I would try the consignment store first in this situation. Ebay can be such a pain in the butt, and so many buyers complain so often that it will prb be MUCH easier to forget ebay all together...good luck!